The thread of all Olympic Threads

slimjim86

Visit site
OMG listening to that woman saying horses won't perform if Charlotte DJ had always treated them badly. "she made a mistake" "we need to move on and support our riders" "she has brought dressage to the forefront".
Now I'm all cross again!😠
I know! We really need to keep shouting until the powers that be accept that Charlotte is a product of the environment the sport has created and see why it needs overhauling from top to bottom.

Ossy2

Visit site
OMG listening to that woman saying horses won't perform if Charlotte DJ had always treated them badly. "she made a mistake" "we need to move on and support our riders" "she has brought dressage to the forefront".
While I agree I am glad she called out the owner laughing in the background.

Steerpike

Visit site
I've watched a couple but not into dressage, it never looks comfortable and the Discovery commentators are not making it anymore interesting, I've switched to the archery!

piebaldproblems

Visit site
Thanks for the updates everyone. Surprised to hear about Caroline. I remember her ride seeming very cool at London and that was some serious atmosphere too.

slimjim86

Visit site
Haven't got discovery to watch it so just following on here and on the results board, did the polish horse get low marks coz it wasn't that good or because they are still rewarding incorrect movement if it looks big and flashy?

Equi

Visit site
Haven't got discovery to watch it so just following on here and on the results board, did the polish horse get low marks coz it wasn't that good or because they are still rewarding incorrect movement if it looks big and flashy?
He wasn’t completely correct and had a few mistakes/loss of rhythm but I do feel they still wanted more flash.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site

I have found those who have this type of attitude to it tend to be the ones who see horses as objects and most likely wouldnt bat an eye as using methods and gagets to try and get results someone at my friends farm yesterday was having this convo, but they use draw reins, market harbroughs ans harbidges regularly to ' help get the horse in an outline ' and one of them is an istructor 🙄