The thread of all Olympic Threads

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
I did explain up thread that current laptop is one from a work client too locked down to install or access discovery+. TV doesn't have an hdmi port, only component and I don't enjoy watching anything on a screen as small as my mobile.

Plus I've been at the yard where the signal is so bad you have to walk round to the school and wave your phone around even to load this thread.

I liked having things on the red button channels or on Eurosport because I can record it to the virgin box while out and then watch it at an appropriate size.

criso

Coming over here & taking your jobs since 1900
Visit site
Just to add part of it for me I'm not a big sports fan beyond equestrian and even those if I'm honest I prefer jumping.

I particularly don't like oppositional ball sports, tennis, football, rugby, hickey, basketball etc.

I'll watch a bit of swimming and track and field if it's on tonight I have a 1500m limit beyond which I get bored. I like long jump and high jump and will watch a bit of new sports like skateboarding. The free stuff will satisfy my passing interest with these.

So to start upgrading my TV and laptop when money is tight just for the dressage doesn't make sense. I recorded the xc on Eurosport and watched the sj phase on the BBC because I preferred the commentators so I've done ok.

And I've got a great running commentary on here for the bits I'm missing.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
Mine made me upgrade to £6.99 per month to watch the dressage. I couldn’t get past the screen until I did.

And it wouldn’t accept my passwords and it wouldn’t let me be not a robot.

But also suspect I may have COVID brain right now.

GreyDot

Visit site
I can't find any link to the dressage for today on Discovery+ 🤔
It's supposed to start at 9am British time but no listing.

Equi

Visit site
A predictably nice marked test for lottie, bit mouthy but overall okay. Nicer test I’ve seen from them.

Not sure I’m in the mood to watch much today I might go ride my boy across the fields.

LadyGascoyne

Visit site
I'll give credit where it's due. Yes the mouth needs to be much quieter and drier, but that was probably one of the most harmonious tests I've seen Glamourdale do. Very little tail swishing and a more open frame than in the past.

I thought the same, he did seem more open, didn’t he? I also thought perhaps the mouthiness might be related to a lighter level of contact too - maybe that the horse leans a bit in contact and the contact was lighter than he’s used to?

I wonder whether it might be that team GB are being particularly careful and gentle in their riding at the moment, given the current mood. If that’s the case, it’s one of the nicer frames (in my very amateur opinion) that I’ve seen the horse working in.