The thread of all Olympic Threads

piebaldproblems

Visit site
Maybe he felt the horse wasn't to be trusted in the extension but this Moroccan rider really should have given the horse a few extra inches in the extended trot. Tight frame throughout.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Glamourdale’s test was much more harmonious and his frame was more open than I was expecting, though he got more and more tense as the test progressed.

The constant mouthiness should be heavily penalised - he was snapping his mouth open and shut for most of the test.

His paces are incredible.

Rowreach

🇮🇪🇮🇪🇮🇪
Visit site
Glamourdale’s test was much more harmonious and his frame was more open than I was expecting, though he got more and more tense as the test progressed.

The constant mouthiness should be heavily penalised - he was snapping his mouth open and shut for most of the test.

His paces are incredible.

Not quite lining up with Nicky's "occasionally opening his mouth" comment, was it?

Ossy2

Visit site
Can any explain the marks in these tests the comment or keeps saying it’s to get team and individual qualification for later in week. Does the team marks from this phase carry forward to next team round or do we start again?

piebaldproblems

Visit site
I do like Domien and Intermezzo's passage, nice frame even if the hind action wasn't as big as often expected. The extensions weren't as open as the horse can do them though.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
This Belgian horse is lovely, nicely ridden and harmonious what dressage should be
I liked this one too, not so compacted, although wondered if a bit toe-flicky/leg flinging.

Shame Dufour's horse so unsettled in the mouth as similarly quite liked that test and preferred to Lottie's as thought it was perhaps a little less tight.

conniegirl

Visit site
am I right in thinking that its the top 2 in each group that auto qualify and then its the top 6 unqualified scores that also go through?
So currently we have Becky auto Qualified, Carl in one of 6 extra spots?

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
I think it's quite a good way to do it. Especially with the hot weather. The first group of 10 arguably going in more challenging conditions that the latter groups.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
am I right in thinking that its the top 2 in each group that auto qualify and then its the top 6 unqualified scores that also go through?
So currently we have Becky auto Qualified, Carl in one of 6 extra spots?
But with Isabelle Werth just about to go, I think we can assume Lottie will be joining Carl in looking for a top 6 qualifying place.

conniegirl

Visit site
so current 6 non auto qualifiers:
1) Lottie Fry - 78.913
2) Carl Hester - 77.345
3) Isabel Freese - 76.397
4) Emma Kanerva - 73.680
5) Flore de Winne - 73.028
6) Adrienne Lyle - 72.593

ETA - this is IF I'm reading the qualification rules correctly and at the end of group E

Nicnac

Visit site
Credit where credit's due - Richard Vaughan is less annoying today. Haven't heard anything controversial or overtly stupid so far.