The thread of all Olympic Threads

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
It’s funny but given what’s been going on in pure dressage, it’s really refreshing to see the less ‘perfect’ eventing dressage with better relaxation and harmony and much less tension (mostly!!)

I’ve always preferred it. They always seem like “real horses”. And once you get into passage, piaffe and pirouettes it starts to look really stressful for a lot of horses.

piebaldproblems

Visit site
Does anyone know if there are more countries competing in the equestrian sports than previous years? Eventing's lost India and Thailand but there seem to be more countries than before.

Equi

Visit site
Shame for the Italian as it was a nice test and he didn’t knowingly do anything, but the rules is the rules and that’s that.

ihatework

Visit site
Going to be very careful with my words here - I hope the ground jury is on their A game tomorrow for the XC. There is such a gulf in the quality and ability of the horses and riders, I know they soften it up to allow for that but I do hope they don't hesitate tomorrow if neccessary to step in.

Completely agree. I know Olympics is inclusive and it's great to see so many smaller nations represented, but there is a handful of combinations that have only just squeezed qualification and at 'soft' venues. The GJ needs to be brave and keep them safe if needs be.

teapot

Visit site
You'd hope given this week's news, the ground jury will be even hotter than normal... but stranger things have happened.

Plus there's a possible soggy ground versus sudden jump to 26 degrees factor tomorrow too

SAS56

Visit site
Completely agree. I know Olympics is inclusive and it's great to see so many smaller nations represented, but there is a handful of combinations that have only just squeezed qualification and at 'soft' venues. The GJ needs to be brave and keep them safe if needs be.
Can you imagine the fallout if there is an injury, or worse, tomorrow to a horse? It would be the last thing needed to a very difficult week for the horse world.