Why do people want to own cobs?

starbar

Visit site
I have absolutely no idea why anyone would want to own a cob.

Just look at what is eating all my grass.....and its white (I know the technical term is grey....but it really is white). Big and white, just not practical. And it can't canter yet (we're working on it). Although I have seen it having a sneaky blast around the field when I thought it wasn't looking.

Meet Desmond, cow-horse!

http://s818.photobucket.com/albums/...s/?action=view&current=P10102221.jpg&newest=1

Selkie

Visit site
Cobs are inteliigent - in a 2yo9u thin tha=====================

Cobs are intelegent in a 'think that can stop me' sort of way and a 'where is the food' sort of way and 'you know you love me' sort of way, Who wouldn't love one and want one?

mrsdickinson

Visit site
I will never understand it.
They are fat, lazy, hairier than Bigfoot, and usually bad tempered.
Their paces are so stilted, that they look as though they've had their legs tied together, which gives the rider a nasty jolty ride.
I suppose I can understand riding schools having them, for the scaredy novices, but once you can rise to the trot, surely you'd buy a decent blood horse, or at least a Warmblood?
Your thoughts?
S :D

What a totally disgusting and unintelligent and uneducated statement!
I have been riding for 36 years and at present i am riding the most forward going horse (who hunts by the way) and leaves the TB's and WB's behind, and he is a cob, in fact, he is a Maxi Cob!

How dare you insult Cob owners with your shallow comments, In fact, I bet YOU are the so called 'Scardey Cat' at the riding school ?

Have some diplomacy and tact before you post insensative and ridiculous comments like this.
Get back on your pony and trot off!

Honestly, how rude!

Sparkles

Visit site
Pmsl.

It's ongoing.

Surely the point [even if you didn't get it from the 'blase' title to start....;)] was pretty obvious after 60 [and counting!] pages....

Go see her other posts. Or read the whole of this one. The point is there somewhere you'll find. :) ;) :p

I see the other 'Why TB's?' or 'ourtaged poll'or 'laminitis' weren't bumped up along with this ;)

mrsdickinson

Visit site
Pmsl.

It's ongoing.

Surely the point [even if you didn't get it from the 'blase' title to start....;)] was pretty obvious after 60 [and counting!] pages....

Go see her other posts. Or read the whole of this one. The point is there somewhere you'll find. :) ;) :p

Thankyou Binky, but i do not wish to read 60 pages of this!

Maybe i may have missed something, i do not know, i just read the first post.

I hope it was a 'Tongue in cheek' statement, otherwise i would be worried about some so called 'Horse People'.

This forum can be rather nasty so i assume the worst most of the time, it is hardly a helpful place!

As an experienced horse woman I try to help others you see!

mrsdickinson

Visit site
Newbies just don't get it, do they! But then again, they add to the entertainment with their misplaced outrage...

Were you a 'newbie, once, or did you just join with thousands of posts?

Glad i add to your entertainment Brighteyes, new or old, we all have a voice you know, and you are no more important than any other member.

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Were you a 'newbie, once, or did you just join with thousands of posts?

Glad i add to your entertainment Brighteyes, new or old, we all have a voice you know, and you are no more important than any other member.

Don't mention it! Had you bothered to take a look at the first couple of pages (set it to 40 posts, then Shils doesn't come across as quite the egotistical troublemaker she likes to imagine herself ;) ) then you would have discovered she was being deliberately mischievous. Unless she has got sick of them and put them in a stew, I think she has a couple of the porkers herself. They used to pull her chariot of fire through Hades. She needs cobs because she is very fat. Huge, in fact.

mrsdickinson

Visit site
I am going to log off, this is the most ridiculous thread i have ever read, someone needs to get an education, I am too intelligent for this silly behaviour.

And as for the 'newbie' comment......I did not realise you could only join the conversation if you had thousands of posts?
Maybe there should be a contract to say new people cannot have a voice?

Childish and immature, and certainly not a place to spend time relaxing.

People who put others down, do so to make themselves feel better.

Go and ride a Cob and enjoy yourself (If you dare)

Fii

Visit site
Oh dear, LMAO, if you think this thread is ridiculous, what ever you do, DONT go into soapbox, you'l have a nervouse breakdown.
o030.gif

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
I am going to log off, this is the most ridiculous thread i have ever read, someone needs to get an education, I am too intelligent for this silly behaviour.

And as for the 'newbie' comment......I did not realise you could only join the conversation if you had thousands of posts?
Maybe there should be a contract to say new people cannot have a voice?

Childish and immature, and certainly not a place to spend time relaxing.

People who put others down, do so to make themselves feel better.

Go and ride a Cob and enjoy yourself (If you dare)

OK, see you. I was too traumatised after riding daughter's cob to ever sit on anything again.

Merry015-2.jpg

saturdaygirl

Visit site
Haha well this thread has made for interesting reading... (And no I haven;t read all of it)

I'd like to reply to whoever was saying that there are no cobs doing advanced dressage/ eventing/ SJ - to me that's the crux of the matter - the vast vast majority of horse owners will NEVER compete at those dizzy heights - so why the hell do they believe they need a hot blooded horses? And I'm not just talking about the 'happy hackers' or occasional riding club competitors. A well put together, well educated cob is more than capable of doing some fairly serious dressage, and jumping a PN/N track, without the drama and huge vet bills these 'competition bred' horses require. A cob turned out as a show cob looks incredibly smart. Yes there are a vast number of hairy, poorly bred cobs out these, however these also have their place. But for me, having ridden a range of different breeds for me nothing can match the shear feeling of power and fun of a well schooled cob. I think a lot of owners need to open to their eyes to the fun they can have if they buck the trend, go a hand or two smaller and get themselves a cob!

Reactions: JJS

mrsdickinson

Visit site
OK, see you. I was too traumatised after riding daughter's cob to ever sit on anything again.

Merry015-2.jpg

Would it be too much trouble to help people when they ask a question?
Poor buggers have probably been sat worrying all day about a particular matter, and come on here to get some support?

I think this bullying and clicky behaviour is terrible.
Does this forum have moderators?

If anyone want's any real support, i will try my best to help you.

Natch

Visit site
Would it be too much trouble to help people when they ask a question?
Poor buggers have probably been sat worrying all day about a particular matter, and come on here to get some support?

I think this bullying and clicky behaviour is terrible.
Does this forum have moderators?

This comment doesn't even make sense on this thread...?

Have you been a member of HHO before?

Yes, there is a moderator, and you may wish to inform them of this thread, but seeing how old it is and how many people have viewed it, I'm sure if it was genuinely offensive someone would have beaten you to it and it would be no more. :rolleyes:

Fii

Visit site
People also come on here for a bit of light relief from a hard days work.
Not all post's have to be seriose (sp).
Don't get so worked up, you will soon work out who likes a wind up, and a bit of a laugh, it took me ages to figure people out.
Now calm down, take a breath and ............. have a laugh :)

mrsdickinson

Visit site
People also come on here for a bit of light relief from a hard days work.
Not all post's have to be seriose (sp).
Don't get so worked up, you will soon work out who likes a wind up, and a bit of a laugh, it took me ages to figure people out.
Now calm down, take a breath and ............. have a laugh :)

Thankyou Fii xx

Munchkin

www.aloegeneration.co.uk and http

1. This isn't a thread asking for help or support. On threads requesting help and support, people provide help and support. Apart from the catty ones, who just provide arguments, but they're good for entertainment purposes.

2. Wants does not contain an apostrophe.

3. You are not the only knowledgable person on this forum.

mrsdickinson

Visit site
1. This isn't a thread asking for help or support. On threads requesting help and support, people provide help and support. Apart from the catty ones, who just provide arguments, but they're good for entertainment purposes.

I do not need need to be told how to spell, yet again, childish behaviour?

Try saying 'They are' instead of 'they're'.

I graduated from University seven years ago, so i do not need you to give me a lesson about grammer.

Munchkin

I do not need need to be told how to spell, yet again, childish behaviour?

Try saying 'They are' instead of 'they're'.

I graduated from University seven years ago, so i do not need you to give me a lesson about grammer.

You suggested that we need to get an education and that you're too intelligent for this thread. I don't think you can make such a comment when you cannot use basic English. 'They're' is correct, and it's 'grammar'. Step down off your high horse/cob.

By the way, there are a huge number of posts on this page where people are asking for advice - why have you chosen to ignore those if your reason for using the forum is to share your vast knowledge? Genuine question.

mrsdickinson

Visit site

Also, if you are writing something and not changing the subject, you do not put a full stop at the end of your sentance, you would put this ; and carry on what you were saying, now if you were changing the subject you would use a full stop (.) and move on to the next paragraph.

Last edited:

Munchkin

Also, if you are writing something and not changing the subject, you do not put a full stop at the end of your sentance, you would put this ; and carry on what you were saying, now if you were changing the subject you would use a full stop (.) and move on to the next paragraph.

Sorry, I just lost a mouthful of wine over my keyboard! Goodnight!

Natch

Visit site

Sentence. :rolleyes:

martlin

www.martlinequestrian.co.uk
mrsdickinson,
how nice of you to join us, the uneducated and offer your vast knowledge to us, I'm very glad your experience is now available to share with us:D
If you want to come across as the queen of spelling and grammar, I suggest you use a spell check for your posts:rolleyes:

mrsdickinson

Visit site
mrsdickinson,
how nice of you to join us, the uneducated and offer your vast knowledge to us, I'm very glad your experience is now available to share with us:D
If you want to come across as the queen of spelling and grammar, I suggest you use a spell check for your posts:rolleyes:

I can spell, i just type too fast!:eek: