Why do people want to own cobs?

mrsdickinson

Visit site
I did not come onto the forum for an argument, I just got very annoyed with this thread about Cobs.
I will calm down now and get off my soapbox, in fact, I really should be going to bed.

stargirl88

Visit site
ooookay ... I'm a "noob" (who happens to own a mentally retarded cob :D ) and have been sortof following this post, but why does it always end in someone doing a spelling check? Same with other threads I've seen. It's always light-hearted-joke turned bitchfest turned spelling check.

you bizarre folk!

Fii

Visit site
Also, if you are writing something and not changing the subject, you do not put a full stop at the end of your sentance, you would put this ; and carry on what you were saying, now if you were changing the subject you would use a full stop (.) and move on to the next paragraph.

Now i thought i told you to take a biiiiiiiiig breath, chill out and have a laugh.
On a seriouse ( i still can't spell that) note, you will not win friends and influence people on here, by talking to them like that:( I think i may go to bed and leave you to it :rolleyes:

mrsdickinson

Visit site
Now i thought i told you to take a biiiiiiiiig breath, chill out and have a laugh.
On a seriouse ( i still can't spell that) note, you will not win friends and influence people on here, by talking to them like that:( I think i may go to bed and leave you to it :rolleyes:

Bless you Fii and thankyou, i am not trying to win friends on here, i just find this forum can be very nasty and it annoys me.

I should not log on really as I always get upset about how horrible people are to each other, but then i find i start being horrible too!

Oh never mind, it is not worth getting upset about x

Munchkin

www.aloegeneration.co.uk and http
ooookay ... I'm a "noob" (who happens to own a mentally retarded cob :D ) and have been sortof following this post, but why does it always end in someone doing a spelling check? Same with other threads I've seen. It's always light-hearted-joke turned bitchfest turned spelling check.

you bizarre folk!

Sorry stargirl, it was merely to highlight the point that someone who professes to be more intelligent than everyone else on the forum should probably at least ensure the lie is hidden behind an intelligible post :) Up until now, it's all been [mostly] lighthearted!

mrsdickinson

Visit site
Sorry stargirl, it was merely to highlight the point that someone who professes to be more intelligent than everyone else on the forum should probably at least ensure the lie is hidden behind an intelligible post :) Up until now, it's all been [mostly] lighthearted!

Fear not Munchkin, I will not log onto Horse and Hound again, I can see it is a place that is unpleasant and does nothing to help me feel relaxed.

I never said I was more intelligent than anyone else, i just said I am intelligent, feel free to qoute where I said that and prove me wrong.

You can take pride in the fact that you have managed to remove a member! Well done.

Fii

Visit site
Oh don't be like that, it's not all that bad, there are mainly really nice people on here, including all the ones you have interacted with on this thread, you have just got off on the wrong foot.

stargirl88

Visit site
I read the first few pages, skipped onto someone saying the OP should be shot, then onto said spelling check, and now people are packing up and leaving!

ho hum, makes me chuckle.

Tinker_Belle

Visit site
Jeez... Lighten up a bit:)
You thundered in this thread all guns blazing, came across extremely patronising and frankly rude and now are going to storm off in a huff?
Do you think it hasn't been done before?:rolleyes:

I think it's a troll. The type that is a regular member posting under a 'newbie' guise :rolleyes:.

Fii

Visit site
I can see why you are getting slated on another thread now, you bully!

Oh i give UP!!!!
a085.gif

Jade&Syrah

Visit site
I like riding cobs and i'm an arab fan... love my finer breeds however the movement of a well bred cob is amazing to watch, cobs have a fantastic jump, you get grade b shows cobs etc.

Any one heard of the cob Ketchup owned by Omar Rabia? It does spanish walk, half pass etc, shes a traditional and just amazing to see. I had the privilage of getting to see her regularly at my old livery yard.

mrsdickinson

Visit site
We own cobs because we want a challenge, not a safe ride, we like the drama of dealing with big strong horses rather than 'skinny thin TB's or Gormy thick WB's.

Its all about power you see!

mrsdickinson

Visit site
In fact, lets see your 'Proper' horses pull a cart, drive a family for miles without collapsing, travel without shoes and still be sound!

Amazing and powerful creatures can only be called a 'Cob'.
Powerful and forgiving and more strength than a stick thin WB or TB.

Racing, eventing, steeplechasing involves speed! BUT they have no stamina or power, dont get stuck miles away from home on your 'posh' looking horse!:D:D:D:D

Dizzydancer

Visit site
I enjoy owning my cob...it was nice to ride him and spend money on things for him rather than paying my vets mortgage and bills with the monthly visit these skinny legged TBs/WBs require.
I dont hate TBs/WBs if im honest i just cant afford to keep one for more than a yr once the insurance keeps getting increased :p

Dirtymare

Visit site
I will never understand it.
They are fat, lazy, hairier than Bigfoot, and usually bad tempered.
Their paces are so stilted, that they look as though they've had their legs tied together, which gives the rider a nasty jolty ride.
I suppose I can understand riding schools having them, for the scaredy novices, but once you can rise to the trot, surely you'd buy a decent blood horse, or at least a Warmblood?
Your thoughts?
S :D

You must be bored again Shilasdair? :)