Why do people want to own cobs?

moodymare123

Visit site
Yup, I`m really stuck up. You would not beleave how stuck up. :)

I make my horses turn away if we see a cob, just incase they get upset. Its for their own safety really

If yours is a warmblood then i dont think it would care if its a cob , I think it just wants a companion to ride with :) Cobs are amazing , tb's Are just mental , you should be glad that you even have a horse , I personally wouldnt care what breed it is :)

Nic

Visit site
Here in Lancashire (where it's at and happening) if something is peculiar, odd, strange or just downright not as it ought to be, we say,"it's reet cob, and no mistake."

Yeah but you're really weird.

My 2 proper horses turn to jelly when they see a cob. it's just traumatic for them. Mostly because he beats the cr^p out of them on a regular basis but I still love the wee git ;)

kittykatcat

Visit site
This is the funniest thread I have EVER read - although i admit i havent read all of it!!

Thanks for providing some light entertainment whilst dying of boredom at work :) xx

micramadam

Visit site
Ok. Now can I have my medal please for reading all 82 pages of this? Pretty please.:D I think I've earned in and in fact will probably get the sack as I've spent the last 3 hours at work reading this.:eek: Was bored!
I am now totally and utterly brainwashed and can't decipher if cobs are suitable for complete beginners or for the Grand Prix dressage rider. :confused::confused:

By the way what would you class a Fjord as?

Thisbe

Visit site
I am only posting to keep this thread going .....I haven't read all of it but it has kept me very entertained ....#

My 1st pony was a welsh witch of a cob and she was evil my more recent experiances however are more positive but the memory of being ditched at every fence and run away with at every oppertunity still runs deep

Magicmillbrook

Visit site
OP - I understand you breed mongrel TB x Shires, I presume you would approve of a warmblood x shire.....?

My horses sire was a warmblood x shire and her dam was a

a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a

COB!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=27492&l=df35407ca9&id=100001389403533

Do I just have to make sure the paper bag covers half her face or only hack her out at night? I dont wish to cause any offence.

Shilasdair

Patting her thylacine
Visit site
OP - I understand you breed mongrel TB x Shires, I presume you would approve of a warmblood x shire.....?

My horses sire was a warmblood x shire and her dam was a

a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a

COB!!!!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=27492&l=df35407ca9&id=100001389403533

Do I just have to make sure the paper bag covers half her face or only hack her out at night? I dont wish to cause any offence.

Just stop airing your dirty laundry in public (or mine).
Shhhhhhhhhhhh
I am still catching a few cobnutters out...this thread will live on, I tell you! :p
S :D

EAST KENT

Visit site
Yeah but you're really weird.

My 2 proper horses turn to jelly when they see a cob. it's just traumatic for them. Mostly because he beats the cr^p out of them on a regular basis but I still love the wee git ;)

Well God knows how they`d cope with my bossy highland mare then..she`s just a giant bolshy Shetland..very amusing though.

Nic

Visit site
Well God knows how they`d cope with my bossy highland mare then..she`s just a giant bolshy Shetland..very amusing though.

They'd probably still take her over Tank Pony. I call him a cob but he's a native Heinz mix, in fact giant shitland would be a good description! Had a very rough life before we got him, and feels the need to beat everything up before it gets him!

MosMum

Visit site
I got a cob cross because he was really cheap and I never owned a horse before and he hadn't been cut yet and I want to breed him with this other really cheap filly I found when the filly turns 2years old so I can sell the babies and make lots and lots of money, and make even more cob babies :D:D:D

(Above is totally sarcastic and completely kidding! but I thought it was a funny answer :) )

Berpisc

Visit site
I got a cob cross because he was really cheap and I never owned a horse before and he hadn't been cut yet and I want to breed him with this other really cheap filly I found when the filly turns 2years old so I can sell the babies and make lots and lots of money, and make even more cob babies :D:D:D

(Above is totally sarcastic and completely kidding! but I thought it was a funny answer :) )
You forgot the evil, power crazed laugh MosMum...MWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!
:D

Pipkin

Visit site
I`m going to become prime minister and make a law where every household must own at least one big fat hairy cob :)

JFTDWS

Visit site
this rearing its head again??

Didn't you know this thread was initiated by under cover rug companies trying to sway innocent owners towards needy TBs, as all the happy cob owners don't spend nearly enough money on their products :cool:

michaelequine

Visit site
thats your opinion but not evryones i would'nt say they are fat a lazy either
ok they dont move like a warmblood but there are lots of people that just want a horse that they can just hack out and enjoy?
also they have a bold jump.

c_and_b

Visit site
okay, this is your opinion, but my share horse is a cob, and bloody hell, he is FAR from lazy!
the slightest touch from a whip is and excuse to gallop about, and you dont need a lot of leg to get him going properly
he has the loveliest canter and trot you could imagine,
but he is an absolutely lovely boy, he is good to handle,
not at all nappy to ride, just gets a bit excited and tends to bomb off all over the place, especially when a jump is involved :p
and saying all that he is nearly in his mid twenties!
you have your opinion, and i have mine :)

JadeyyBabeyy

Visit site
people who cant ride cobs because they are 'lazy' obvs cant ride, because putting a good rider on them that knows wht they are doing should be able to get the laziest of cobs working forward.
not everyone likes warmbloods, its just a matter of preference and are peoples opinions, i have seen many cobs that are very good in their disicplines, ONE, sj/dr etcc.. its whatyou make a cob.

Suzie86

Visit site
BLOODY HELL PEOPLE!!!

Can you not see that this is from MONTHS ago, has 84 PAGES and was a JOKE POST!!!

Why are there now people posting....

well actually my cob is great you have to be really good to ride him hes really good at jumping........

SNOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE :)