Beeston

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
I'm a bit embarrassed to join the madhouse - imagine the horror of anyone I know seeing me there and drawing the conclusion that I'm a deluded supporter :eek: One has a reputation to maintain, you know :D

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
This is just a thought, but someone mentioned that Ruth lives in Angelsey, do you think it possible that these horses have been shipped to Ireland via Holyhead

Earlier someone wrote they thought the horses were in Holyhead, and all I could think of was all the ferries we've been on across to Ireland. Which again makes me fear someone is fronting for the meatman. Why is the location of the horses such a secret? If we give them 100 quid will they tell us their secret?

Ladyinred

Visit site
This is just a thought, but someone mentioned that Ruth lives in Angelsey, do you think it possible that these horses have been shipped to Ireland via Holyhead

Thats a thought. Unlikely given how outspoken she is on horse slaughter (all they need is love, you know) But there is that saying 'I fear the lady doth protest too much'...

Anyone who gives either of them money after this is barking.

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
You will either love me or hate me for giving you the link :eek:

:D Well I peeked but it's locked. So I'd have to join.... can I risk my reputation so recklessly :eek::D:D
But thank you for the link. A good bottle of cabernet sauvignon, and I might have enough "bottle" to join later ;)

Shettie

Visit site
:D Well I peeked but it's locked. So I'd have to join.... can I risk my reputation so recklessly :eek::D:D
But thank you for the link. A good bottle of cabernet sauvignon, and I might have enough "bottle" to join later ;)

It's closed so never fear people won't know you have joined the mad house. You can always just read.....heck the threads get to 400posts in 5minutes normally :D

trottingon

Visit site
OMG I used to live round the corner from there, I knew people who liveried there - many years ago! Don't recognise the name Jackie Jones though?

Adopter

Visit site
So why does she need to be a limited company, it is not necessary to rescue ponies and work with an rehoming charity.

Makes the possibility of dealing more likely I think. Can not belive after all they have said that they would send for meat, but it is all so odd I can not keep up with it!

Elsiecat

Visit site
At first I thought that they were stupid and that what they were doing is daft and careless to the point of being down right dangerous.

I'm now convinced there's something going on.

Hexx

Visit site
Weird - have been lurking on the fb page - but suddenly all the posts from them on my timeline have disappeared? Do you get a notification that you have been "rejected"?

I just asked where the horses were? Why kick me off, innocent question?

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
At first I thought that they were stupid and that what they were doing is daft and careless to the point of being down right dangerous.

I'm now convinced there's something going on.

The cynical ancient hacker has had her BS detector going ballistic for about 50 pages. Sorry but I still believe my horrible original suggestion involving the meatman remains the only logical explanation. I would very much love to be wrong but disappearing horses plus a campaign of madness does not bode well.

doriangrey

Visit site
So, let me get this straight in my own head, these people have set up a limited company and are using money begged from donations for:

*Outbidding genuine, caring potential owners for horses/ponies in an attempt to 'save' them from the meatman

*They are 'saving' mostly resaleable animals and not the real rescue cases

*They are reselling? loaning? for a profit?

*Nobody knows where these purchased horse/ponies are?

*Nobody knows if they are being looked after by knowledgeable horsey people, fed, mucked out, wormed, being given appropriate veterinary treatment, dentist, farrier, separated (in terms of in-foal mares/colts/stallions/aggressive - whatever the list goes on ..

Phrase comes to mind: Train crash

Ancient Hacker

Visit site
So, let me get this straight in my own head, these people have set up a limited company and are using money begged from donations for:

*Outbidding genuine, caring potential owners for horses/ponies in an attempt to 'save' them from the meatman

*They are 'saving' mostly resaleable animals and not the real rescue cases

*They are reselling? loaning? for a profit?

*Nobody knows where these purchased horse/ponies are?

*Nobody knows if they are being looked after by knowledgeable horsey people, fed, mucked out, wormed, being given appropriate veterinary treatment, dentist, farrier, separated (in terms of in-foal mares/colts/stallions/aggressive - whatever the list goes on ..

Phrase comes to mind: Train crash

Doriangrey, good summing up. Small omission, of course: "give us money or this poor pony will be shot in 3 hours". Holding consciences to ransom.

Fii

Visit site
I would just like to say WOW fifteen pages and every body all agreeing with each other!
Must be a Horse and Hound first!!

Ladyinred

Visit site
Dorian grey- they are not selling or loaning these horses... Ive tried! :(

Yes but the plot thickens when you hear the one you were interested in suddenly belongs to someone else and was never bought by the fake charity.

I do begin to feel there is more to this than even my over-active imagination can come up with.

People are now trying to find out where the ponies are.. and the numbers just ain't adding up. :confused: