Boggle- USA bound!

Nicnac

Visit site
I only saw one proper 'trip' which is nothing. One of mine is a dork and trips more than that when star gazing. He looks fab and has made such incredible progress since being a death's door not that long ago (twice!)

quizzie

Visit site
Yep and bog with his lungs! My hay steamer broke and Haygain have gone into administration. Dry hay for last week and no coughing. They are a great idea but not practical in mud I guess.

In the H&H article about Haygain, there is a comment about the steamer/boiler unit from Nuveq being a suitable replacement...I don't know if they are available over there?

Michen

Visit site
In the H&H article about Haygain, there is a comment about the steamer/boiler unit from Nuveq being a suitable replacement...I don't know if they are available over there?

Ah thank you! I’ll have a look but they seem more expensive than haygains somehow, gah.

I think at this point he’s probably fine without steamed hay but I definitely want to sort it.

mini-eventer

Visit site
Ah thank you! I’ll have a look but they seem more expensive than haygains somehow, gah.

I think at this point he’s probably fine without steamed hay but I definitely want to sort it.
I could be wrong but I am sure the steam generators are manufactured by a third party... I think jiffy steamers... have a look at any model info on your unit

Michen

Visit site
Where are you Michen, no posts for 8 days ! We need more Bog and Pig updates

I'm sorry! I'm here! My friend from the UK has been here, then my mum arrives, then my friend and godson. Bog doing good, he's accepted fate with the pig :D He had another e stin accupuncture session this week, vet thought he looked good ataxia wise but a bit stiff at the trot (hocks), doing a course of adequan and need to get him moving more really but it's just impossible at this time of year... going to see how he seems in spring.

It's been so warm and sunny, snow storm due this weekend though :)

Recent pics!

IMG_8055.jpegIMG_8034.jpegIMG_8016.jpegIMG_8077.jpeg

Last edited:

YourValentine

Visit site
Finally get bog going at a trot on the long reins in outdoor and he trips and ends up on his knees.

So despondent 🥲

Don't be too despondent. It could just be one of those things. It is snowy, and he has shown he can gallop around when it suits him.

Do some more work in walk, maybe poles to get him picking up his feet. Then try again on a better surface. My non ataxic horse nearly stacked on concrete the other day,because as far as I can tell he forgot he has 4 legs while staring at a cat 🤦‍♀️

Think positive. Though know its hard.

meleeka

Visit site
Finally get bog going at a trot on the long reins in outdoor and he trips and ends up on his knees.

So despondent 🥲

He’s shown you how well he can still move, so I’m sure it was probably just one of those things that horses do sometimes. It’s still two steps forward and only one back, so stick with it.

Michen

Visit site
It was on a snow free surface in the outdoor which is currently melted albeit soggy… but yeh. Thanks guys. Made me want to cry seeing him do that.

Slightlyconfused

Go away, I'm reading
Visit site

So despondent 🥲

My big 16:3 beast always forgot he had four feet and would through in some trips every ride.

Can you get him to stand on some of those foam pads, or have a slightly more weighty bell boot on that leg so it stimulates his propreiception a bit more?

Michen

Visit site
My big 16:3 beast always forgot he had four feet and would through in some trips every ride.

Can you get him to stand on some of those foam pads, or have a slightly more weighty bell boot on that leg so it stimulates his propreiception a bit more?

yes I need to do that, get on and order some!! I'm going to now :) I got a bit complacent..

He's so annoying with those pads, kicks them everywhere like a child haha

Michen

Visit site
Pig got to his rug and made a protest 🙈🙈🙈 damn!

And it’s snowed.. a LOT! Let Bog loose in the indoor and he seemed to be proving a point as we had a circus display from him, my friend said she’d actually never seen a horse get all four feet off the ground like that. Haha. Thanks Bog!

IMG_1357.jpegIMG_8103.jpegIMG_8090.jpeg

asmp

Visit site
Bad pig! Hopefully it was ripped on the inside and not the outside and can be repaired (unlike the large hole the rats chewed in one of my rugs recently). Love the snow pics 🙂

Michen

Visit site
How bl***y annoying re the rug but that could be repaired if there’s a service you could send it to. As pretty as that snow is, I’m glad we don’t get that amount here (🤞🏻hope I haven’t jinxed the UK).

she seems to have eaten the material though haha.. so it can’t just be stitched. I think it would need a huge patch on the inside, not sure if that would affect the integrity of the rug as it's now missing a fair bit of stuffing too...

Damn pig!