Boggle- USA bound!

Michen

Visit site
Thank you everyone!! I am very intruiged to see how today goes. It’s at the end of the day so you will all be asleep by the time I have news!

I spoke to the vet and he’s actually an orthopedic surgeon too so that’s ideal. I gave him the background and my concerns so we will see what comes of it all.

I nearly cancelled it yesterday tbh, but I keep getting drawn back to this horse watching his videos so I figured I’d just proceed and see what happens.

I have still been trawling through sale posts just to see and haven’t seen anything that remotely peaks my interest (with the exception of the grey in the UK that didn’t vet for me)

Last edited:

Caol Ila

Visit site
Fingers crossed your vetting goes well and the toe pointing is just a wee habit.

Fin does it *all the time,* even when chilled. I’ve never thought anything of it, tbh. He just stands like this, as do many of his Dallas herdmates. It does seem to just be a habit.

Ground tied in front of stable today after riding.IMG_2774.jpeg

Jojo2go

Visit site
I totally agree that a probably lame Morgan with really quite bad behavioural issues is probably the one... hahaha.

But hey, Bog was lame pretty much on arrival and did everything a horse could possibly do behavioural wise so... whatever haha.
If he was standing parked out like Morgans tend to be it could likely be a green horse thing too. I see a lot of less line trained horses that will rest a hind when stood up like that. The old pros not so much.

Michen

Visit site
If he was standing parked out like Morgans tend to be it could likely be a green horse thing too. I see a lot of less line trained horses that will rest a hind when stood up like that. The old pros not so much.

Apparently they train them to stand like that for showing, and he’s with a showing person so maybe it was their half hearted attempt to teach him lol.

Jojo2go

Visit site
Apparently they train them to stand like that for showing, and he’s with a showing person so maybe it was their half hearted attempt to teach him lol.
Yes, they do, but if he hasn't been worked with a lot by a skilled handler and shown a fair bit, resting a toe on the ground is fairly common.

Michen

Visit site
Fingers crossed your vetting goes well and the toe pointing is just a wee habit.

Fin does it *all the time,* even when chilled. I’ve never thought anything of it, tbh. He just stands like this, as do many of his Dallas herdmates. It does seem to just be a habit.

Ground tied in front of stable today after riding.View attachment 146317

I am obsessed with his stripe

Michen

Visit site
Shoot I spent all day not caring and like whatever he should fail because he’s a bad idea but I do really want him in my barn 🥺. I’m kinda like just be sound today and you can break later and just be a companion for Boggle if he lasts longer lol. A pretty companion.

But I do want an ATV for snow clearing sooo.. lol.

palo1

Visit site
Jack waiting at the clinic to see if he gets to have a soft landing in Colorado!

And hey, no resting leg lol.

View attachment 146319
I don't know how much he has travelled/done but I really like the fact he is facing this experience with a degree of courage - his eye looks a bit worried but from what I can see of his body, he is taking this straight on. I hope it goes well - I really like the look of him!