Boggle- USA bound!

Caol Ila

Visit site
Thinking of you and Bog and hoping you get clarity.

I'll be at the other end of my phone all day, though I don't always get a reliable signal when at the barn.

Michen

Visit site
Oh wow just woke up and saw all your comments. Thank you so much everyone. Vet is coming in 8 hours and I will pop an update on here soon after if I can.

Thank you all for rooting for us, I really hope I get something clear cut too. In some ways the fact I’ve got the anger/behaviour seemingly under control muddies the waters even more. It will be interesting to see what my vet thinks of his movement.

little_critter

Visit site
Oh wow just woke up and saw all your comments. Thank you so much everyone. Vet is coming in 8 hours and I will pop an update on here soon after if I can.

Thank you all for rooting for us, I really hope I get something clear cut too. In some ways the fact I’ve got the anger/behaviour seemingly under control muddies the waters even more. It will be interesting to see what my vet thinks of his movement.
don't rush back to update us, you and Bog are the important ones here. We are interested and caring parties but we are not a priority. Put yourself and Bog at number 1. We can bear to wait.

Michen

Visit site
I also want to say, incase this helps someone else, I have been using abler omeprazole ($11 ish a dose I think) combined with prescription sucralfate ($13 a day at 4 doses). I know there is a lot of controversy around this, and not legal to buy and import into the UK though many people do. I don't know the rules here and frankly don't care, compounded omeprazole seems readily available to buy in the USA from various different places- not just abler. I also can't say for sure that it's not the sucralfate (and being extremely precise/on it with the timings, every 6 hours not 8) alone that's helped but.. the difference is so blindingly clear. Obviously I only have behavior not a pre and post scope to back this up which would be best practice.

I just want to leave that information there for anyone that it could potentially help, controversial or not.

GrassChop

Visit site
Honestly no, he had a myofascial treatment. I’m not keen on chiro with his neck. Physios don’t exist here. It’s pretty much massage, PEMF, chiro. Never found anyone like my physio in the uk. His hind legs look fine it’s definitely all in the front end.

I do see what you mean, the fact he looks the same on bute or off it (I checked today- 27 hours off) is kinda odd.
Ah that's annoying.

As he is the same off bute, if he was mine, I would probably just accept that he's not going to move the same now but keep him as happy and comfortable as possible, nice thick bedding, easy ground on turnout, joint supplement etc and just monitor for any signs of deterioration.

A lot of people are "lame" but aren't necessarily uncomfortable or in pain. I think it's manageable. He'll tell you if he's not happy.

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I also want to say, incase this helps someone else, I have been using abler omeprazole ($11 ish a dose I think) combined with prescription sucralfate ($13 a day at 4 doses). I know there is a lot of controversy around this, and not legal to buy and import into the UK though many people do. I don't know the rules here and frankly don't care, compounded omeprazole seems readily available to buy in the USA from various different places- not just abler. I also can't say for sure that it's not the sucralfate (and being extremely precise/on it with the timings, every 6 hours not 8) alone that's helped but.. the difference is so blindingly clear. Obviously I only have behavior not a pre and post scope to back this up which would be best practice.

I just want to leave that information there for anyone that it could potentially help, controversial or not.
I feed Arabi sucralfate if his a bit stressed or if he seems a bit grumpy or hay feed change basically any situation that can upset his gut, I can honestly say it totally makes a difference to him I can just see him settle down after only a few days on it.