Facebook - Horse shot by livery owner

diamonddogs

Visit site
I think what Sheik was trying to say is that the YOers son injured the horse by chasing it around the field with a JCB and dragging it to the gate with baler twine around its neck attached to said JCB. I think he/she was saying that Wilson then was called to end its suffering and had been released without charge.

Oh god, really?? I missed that bit. I'm actually shaking now. I really really really hope this is just speculation.

That poor, poor mare.

Moomin1

Visit site
The owner has already stated on this thread that the horse was in good health prior to this incident. Therefore we have her word on it which to be honest sounds more plausible than disbelieving her.

Must be true then.

To be honest, there's little point in anybody speculating, and causing mass hysteria without knowing any facts. All this thread is doing is exactly that - causing mass hysteria with nothing other than hear say and gossip. Pointless.

merrymeasure

www.winningpost-art.co.uk
I think what Sheik was trying to say is that the YOers son injured the horse by chasing it around the field with a JCB and dragging it to the gate with baler twine around its neck attached to said JCB. I think he/she was saying that Wilson then was called to end its suffering and had been released without charge.
Dear God, the more I read about this, the more distressing it gets. If that is what happened ,then these poor excuses for human beings deserve all they get, and then even that wouldn't be enough. I cannot imagine what the owner of poor, dear Kit is going through right now. I look at my filly, she is so loved and safe where she is,and I honestly just weep for that poor horse. I cannot get my head round where it would be justifiable in any such scenario, to take such awful, callous action like these 'people' did. Sheer vindictive cruelty, no matter how much might have been owing, it was not worth the life of a healthy horse. My deepest sympathy to her owner. My thoughts and love are with you. RIP dear Kit, you have been so badly ket down and did not deserve such an awful end. I hope you are running free x

Moya_999

Visit site
Must be true then.

To be honest, there's little point in anybody speculating, and causing mass hysteria without knowing any facts. All this thread is doing is exactly that - causing mass hysteria with nothing other than hear say and gossip. Pointless.

Maybe pointless in your mind but the only way we can discuss this and voice our opinions is to continue this thread, and unless a livery chooses to add some info we can only go on what we hear or read.

Well say for arguments sake *and I believe the Owner "Green" *the mare was in perfect health what would expect her to say?

No she wasn't?

From all the photos shown the mare looks good and in normal body condition and unless these were taken months ago its all we can go on.

Last edited:

Spring Feather

Visit site
Is the poster Green the owner? Having seen the piece written by the real owner, I think Green is the loaner. The owner is articulate, the loaner is not. Not that it makes any difference except that the owner may not have seen the horse for a while so may not actually know what state/condition the horse was in.

Moya_999

Visit site
Seeing this thread has a lot of good wishes, maybe it would be nice if someone started a thread with just well wishes and condolences without all this speculation and gossip. Just like an online card for anyone to sign with nothing more than vibes etc maybe I will start one.
Please only send well wishes nothing else

pixie

Visit site
As far as I know they have been a livery yard for quite a long time. Perhaps he's just got sick and tired of liveries not bothering to pay their bills/doing midnight flits etc and just finally lost it?

Seriously, in the last year alone I could have shot 4 livery horses for owing money if that was a normal thing to do! Sadly there are a heck of a lot of people who think that it is not important to keep up to date with their bills and will make excuse after excuse...

I'm in no way condoning what he has done, he is obviously not right in the head.

diamonddogs

Visit site
Is the poster Green the owner? Having seen the piece written by the real owner, I think Green is the loaner. The owner is articulate, the loaner is not. Not that it makes any difference except that the owner may not have seen the horse for a while so may not actually know what state/condition the horse was in.

Without giving out personal details here, I believe the poster Green is legit - she posted under her real name on one of the chat groups on FB, as the owner of the horse, and there is a "green" connection.

But then the loaner would know about "green" so could have hijacked.

It's hard to know WHAT's true and what's made up :(

Last edited:

Clara Mo 3

Visit site
As Clare Mo 3 says he is a notoriously evil man. He has in the past shot several gypsy horses (2 I know for certain since he boasted about them to a very close relative himself, the third was passed on second hand). Whether Cooper also shot the gypsy horses I don't know but be under no illusions that Cooper would not be fooled about whether a horse was sick or not - he's very astute and clued up. One would have hoped that his advice would have been to leave the horse to settle until the following morning and then ask the loaner or owner to remove it from the yard. Just why they were doing any of this at night raises questions as to their motive I think.

There is no justification for this act whatsoever. What I will say however is that where the loaner lives is literally a stones throw from the GG centre - the horse could have been walked there in under 5 minutes - it's literally round the corner rather than all this herding about trying to get it into a trailer in the dead of night.

Thehorsephotographer - We are probably on nodding terms whilst out riding LOL !

I agree about Cooper, he isn't a fool, I always thought he was OK - certainly my dealings with him have always been wonderful, I am very sorry if I have misjudged him or simply been taken in by him.

I go past the livery and I specifically clocked the mileage from the loaner's house today - not even 1/4 mile by road. It would have taken more effort and time to do what he did to that horse than to walk it to her house. Her house pretty much backs onto his land by fields too.

green007

New User
Visit site
I can confirm that im the partner of the owner and kit was sound and healthy so please stop with all the speculation. The authorities will carry out there duties and we must all remain patience and calm. I honestly share your frustration but dont want anything to jeopardise the case

diamonddogs

Visit site
Hi Green007 - I'm so so sorry for your loss and I hope you get justice for your mare. The whole of the horse world is rooting for you.

I hope I haven't made anything worse for you by trying to clarify things. I tried not to give any personal details out.

green007

New User
Visit site
What I can confirm that ive held a meeting today with a local horse re homing centre. We are in the process of arranging an public event in honor of Kit and to promote the public awareness that's there are charities out there which offer help and support. This would be held at the Bransbry Horses Rescue and Welfare Lincoln. We would like to hear from anyone who would like to offer there services on this day this may be from equine services to animal services, Photography, crafts anything at all which would help raise awareness. All donation raised on the day will go directly back into the centre to help them to carry on doing there fantastic work. If you would like to start a new thread on is for ideas or attendee that would be greatly appreciated. I want this day to be positive were the equine world comes together.

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
What I can confirm that ive held a meeting today with a local horse re homing centre. We are in the process of arranging an public event in honor of Kit and to promote the public awareness that's there are charities out there which offer help and support. This would be held at the Bransbry Horses Rescue and Welfare Lincoln. We would like to hear from anyone who would like to offer there services on this day this may be from equine services to animal services, Photography, crafts anything at all which would help raise awareness. All donation raised on the day will go directly back into the centre to help them to carry on doing there fantastic work. If you would like to start a new thread on is for ideas or attendee that would be greatly appreciated. I want this day to be positive were the equine world comes together.

That is a lovely, positive idea. I salute you for seeing a positive out of what was a horrific act.

Storminateacup

2nd star on the right and straight on 'til morning
Visit site

If this was the case then an autopsy could prove it, most likely. If poor Kit suffered any form of strangulation, (by being dragged by a JCB, from baler twine around her neck), there should be a huge amount of evidence to prove this. Petechial hemorrhages in the eyes, and perhaps the swollen tongue mentioned somewhere in the the comments made by the RSPCA office(??!!), there would also be skin abrasions to her side, and possibly other lacerations, maybe even damaged vetebrae and internal neck structures.
I sincerely hope this was not the case, but I also hope that the "evidence" has not been destroyed and Kit will be able to tell us the truth.

I utterly loathe the way the the RSPCA have commented on the event, just total denial, minimalising and trying to cover their arses with the pathetic platitudes they have come out with.

What is needed is a Forensic Scientist/pathologist to discern whether this could, in any way be a humane euthanasia, of this poor girl (Whatever we all feel in our hearts ).

I am deeply troubled by this gross act of cruelty, I first read the announcement on the Wednesday night in total shock, and I am reading every thread everywhere to try and work out what may have happen.

I think we may be getting closer to the truth.

My heart goes out to Lizi, her owner, it is just unbearable to think of. You see I too have a horse that went out on loan, he was subsequently moved from yard to yard without my knowledge, then he disappeared, stolen as far as I am concerned. The incident with Kit just serves to highlight how precarious loaning your precious horse out can be.
I have launched nationwide searches for my boy,but zilch, so there but for the grace of God, go I.

RIP Kit.

Last edited:

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
My post was purely an interpretation of Sheik's post based on previous comments about what happened to her in the field on here and on Facebook. It is an absolutely horrible thing and I am really hoping that it is pure speculation. I hope that the PM gives Kit's owners some answers and that she did not suffer too much.

Moggy in Manolos

Visit site
I have only just seen this post and my thoughts go out to Kits owner/loaner, this is just shocking and I cannot believe what I have read, I cannot bring myself to look at any of the links, I really hope justice is done, debt or not, this is no way to behave, not by any stretch, and frankly it is worrying that someone with such capability is walking the streets, I just do not understand how some one could do this, RIP Kit x

amandaco2

Visit site
If this was the case then an autopsy could prove it, most likely. If poor Kit suffered any form of strangulation, (by being dragged by a JCB, from baler twine around her neck), there should be a huge amount of evidence to prove this. Petechial hemorrhages in the eyes, and perhaps the swollen tongue mentioned somewhere in the the comments made by the RSPCA office(??!!), there would also be skin abrasions to her side, and possibly other lacerations, maybe even damaged vetebrae and internal neck structures.
I sincerely hope this was not the case, but I also hope that the "evidence" has not been destroyed and Kit will be able to tell us the truth.

RIP Kit.

Oh my goodness, it is just too horrific to think of, that poor mare.......

teamgossip

Visit site
I don't comment on threads much, more of a reader n digester!
But all I can say is I hope this horrid incident only brings good things!
I own a very small livery, I only have two liveries but I am currently making more spaces, and even though I'm only small I have had two previous ladies who left my yard owing me money, one was nearly £200, the other £120! However I just wrote the debts of because I was happy to have them off my yard! I was sick to death of them not turning up, and asking me to just chuck their horses some hay! I think one horse was left in his stable for 6 days, because the owner was struggling with time, she thought here 30 mins would be better used mucking out and chatting than exercising her horse!
From reading loads of posts this is not uncommon with or without livery agreements!
In no way am I defending YO but I do not think he has managed to own a multimillion pound property by allowing liveries to owe him large amounts of money! I suspect that over the years he has become harsh to debtors and poor Kit paid the price!
So I hope that this case is an eye opener to EVERY livery in the country, and they realise how lucky they are not to be in Kit's owners shoes!
I also hope that this is an eye opener to horse owners who's horses are out on loan! I hope that every owner goes around to the livery yard that their horses are kept at and make themselves known to the YO's and letting them know that if the loaner is not doing the job properly then the owner is contacted!
I just hope that this situation will serve as a wake up call to others!

Last edited:

Wagtail

Horse servant
Visit site
I don't comment on threads much, more of a reader n digester!
But all I can say is I hope this horrid incident only brings good things!
I own a very small livery, I only have two liveries but I am currently making more spaces, and even though I'm only small I have had two previous ladies who left my yard owing me money, one was nearly £200, the other £120! However I just wrote the debts of because I was happy to have them off my yard! I was sick to death of them not turning up, and asking me to just chuck their horses some hay! I think one horse was left in his stable for 6 days, because the owner was struggling with time, she thought here 30 mins would be better used mucking out and chatting than exercising her horse!
From reading loads of posts this is not uncommon with or without livery agreements!
In no way am I defending YO but I do not think he has managed to own a multimillion pound property by allowing liveries to owe him large amounts of money! I suspect that over the years he has become harsh to debtors and poor Kit paid the price!
So I hope that this case is an eye opener to EVERY livery in the country, and they realise how lucky they are not to be in Kit's owners shoes!
I also hope that this is an eye opener to horse owners who's horses are out on loan! I hope that every owner goes around to the livery yard that their horses are kept at and make themselves known to the YO's and letting them know that if the loaner is not doing the job properly then the owner is contacted!
I just hope that this situation will serve as a wake up call to others!

You make some very good points. I think it should be a wake up call to both liveries and owners who have loaned out their horses.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
You make some very good points. I think it should be a wake up call to both liveries and owners who have loaned out their horses.
Completely agree.

No one is in any way condoning the terrible end which befell this mare, but a worrying number of people seem to think that falling three weeks behind with your livery bill is a piffling matter, which a reputable livery yard should be expected to absorb as a matter of course.

cronkmooar

Visit site
I'm not surprised that the other liverys are still on the yard, finding places for all their horses will take some doing.

No it won't - there is a big thread on the York Equestrian page that is inundated with offers of livery for those who wish to move, and that was within hours of this story breaking

MiJodsR2BlinkinTite

Slopping along on a loose rein somewhere in Devon
Visit site
Just a word of warning folks.......... I've received an "infraction" for posting on another thread (i.e. the "showjumper/HOYS" incident): Can't think why, coz I didn't say anything that other people didn't say.

This is a similar thread, i.e. legal issues involved etc etc.

So just flagging up a warning to just watch your backs that's all. Either Admin are very twitchy, OR there is a button-pusher watching contentious threads like this one. :(