Info needed - Livery gone bad

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
I would ask your friend to make a complaint to the Police. She would need to speak with the Inspector to do this. They don't like getting complaints and she will likely get more action.

It is possible that they have taken some action, and then they would be able to tell her this when she goes in.

It is also possible that they will take the action between the time she arranges to go in, and when she arrives. Then they will have something to tell her to avoid the complaint actually going in ;)

I doubt it is that they don't want to help, but they are so short staffed that they are running round. A complaint would help them run in the right direction for your friend.

Apizz2019

Visit site
What has made him stop with previous targets? Getting another target? Or something else?

He hasn't. He continues with them all apparently, though the occurrences have reduced.

One lady contacted me who had been at his yard almost 10 years ago, saying that he swerved onto her side of the road last week trying to 'run her off the road'.

Needless to say, she didn't report it either.

The lady who had a relationship with him, whose horse was shot, had to move house and has just left another yard after this man has struck up a handyman relationship with the yard owner.

He's dangerous. And clever and calculating....

I just can't get my head around that he's not been to prison or been prosecuted for this stalker and harassing behaviour already.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
He hasn't. He continues with them all apparently, though the occurrences have reduced.

One lady contacted me who had been at his yard almost 10 years ago, saying that he swerved onto her side of the road last week trying to 'run her off the road'.

Needless to say, she didn't report it either.

The lady who had a relationship with him, whose horse was shot, had to move house and has just left another yard after this man has struck up a handyman relationship with the yard owner.

He's dangerous. And clever and calculating....

I just can't get my head around that he's not been to prison or been prosecuted for this stalker and harassing behaviour already.

In surprised he hasn’t had a kicking. Maybe the rules are different where you are but up here that wouldn’t be tolerated. If the police didn’t do anything the males of the persons family would. Gun licence or no gun licence.

If he is doing this to multiple people then to me there is no clear finger pointing if someone did teach him a lesson

Apizz2019

Visit site
I would ask your friend to make a complaint to the Police. She would need to speak with the Inspector to do this. They don't like getting complaints and she will likely get more action.

It is possible that they have taken some action, and then they would be able to tell her this when she goes in.

It is also possible that they will take the action between the time she arranges to go in, and when she arrives. Then they will have something to tell her to avoid the complaint actually going in ;)

I doubt it is that they don't want to help, but they are so short staffed that they are running round. A complaint would help them run in the right direction for your friend.

They are short staffed, I absolutely get that and know what a difficult job they have.

My friend actually worked for the police for many years, the same force, so has a good understanding of how it works.

However, they have not so much as even called her back. And that is not good enough, no matter how short staffed. She's terrified and hasn't slept for days.

I hope he turns up at the new yard this weekend, as he's threatened to do, as I will be there and will call 999 immediately and use necessary force.

Apizz2019

Visit site
In surprised he hasn’t had a kicking. Maybe the rules are different where you are but up here that wouldn’t be tolerated. If the police didn’t do anything the males of the persons family would. Gun licence or no gun licence.

If he is doing this to multiple people then to me there is no clear finger pointing if someone did teach him a lesson

The mind boggles, I just cannot understand how he has got away with this behaviour for so long.

I don't know every detail but know enough to be confident that this is his modus operandi and has been for many years.

It needs to stop, one way or another.

Pearlsasinger

Up in the clouds
Visit site
Get back onto the police OP. Mention Gracie Spinks, god rest her soul, if needs be. They are too complacent. If they need to be pushed and bullied a little bit then so be it.

Also take it higher up the police, ask to speak to the duty sergeant or the duty inspector, depending on how high you have been previously. If necessary contact the Police Commissioner for the area. Do not be fobbed off by the telephone answerer.

I am suprised that the visit to the new yard wasn't considered to be 'behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace', so it makes me wonder if whoever YO spoke to actually passed the message on to the right officer.

Apizz2019

Visit site
Also take it higher up the police, ask to speak to the duty sergeant or the duty inspector, depending on how high you have been previously. If necessary contact the Police Commissioner for the area. Do not be fobbed off by the telephone answerer.

I am suprised that the visit to the new yard wasn't considered to be 'behaviour likely to cause a breach of the peace', so it makes me wonder if whoever YO spoke to actually passed the message on to the right officer.

My friend also called it in so the police are well aware he didn't heed their warning and blatantly doesnt give two hoots about the law.

What does it take for action to be taken?

I fear she or her horses will be hurt before they sit up and take notice.

Or me, or someone else, is going to step in and go too far and end up in trouble.

southerncomfort

Visit site
I don't think there is 'enough' at the moment to take any higher. But how much is enough?

He was clearly told to stay away or face arrest, yet he's done exactly the opposite but yet not been arrested.

I'm confused with how this works.

This slightly confuses me.

My harassers were issued with what I think was called a part 1 harassment warning. As above, they were told not to contact me or my family or my work colleagues and to stay away from my home, place of work and the place my horses were kept. Contravention would mean immediate arrest and a charge of harassment.

I think your friend should check with the police whether they issued an informal warning or an official one. If it was official then he should have been arrested.

If it was informal I'd be asking at what point they can issue an official harassment warning.

What a nightmare for your poor friend!

Apizz2019

Visit site
This slightly confuses me.

My harassers were issued with what I think was called a part 1 harassment warning. As above, they were told not to contact me or my family or my work colleagues and to stay away from my home, place of work and the place my horses were kept. Contravention would mean immediate arrest and a charge of harassment.

I think your friend should check with the police whether they issued an informal warning or an official one. If it was official then he should have been arrested.

If it was informal I'd be asking at what point they can issue an official harassment warning.

What a nightmare for your poor friend!

Glad I'm not the only one who is confused!

He had a formal warning, he was told clearly he was not to attempt to contact my friend directly, indirectly, visit any premises she was at and he had no business to be there etc. If he contacted her or visited her new yard, home etc, then he would be arrested.

But that's not quite how it seems to have played out as he's not been arrested!

Red-1

I used to be decisive, now I'm not so sure...
Visit site
They are short staffed, I absolutely get that and know what a difficult job they have.

My friend actually worked for the police for many years, the same force, so has a good understanding of how it works.

However, they have not so much as even called her back. And that is not good enough, no matter how short staffed. She's terrified and hasn't slept for days.

I hope he turns up at the new yard this weekend, as he's threatened to do, as I will be there and will call 999 immediately and use necessary force.

I never said it was good enough, it clearly isn't, hence me saying to make a complaint. My further point was that, if she makes an appointment to go make a complaint, that will likely bump her issue into focus.

Apizz2019

Visit site
I never said it was good enough, it clearly isn't, hence me saying to make a complaint. My further point was that, if she makes an appointment to go make a complaint, that will likely bump her issue into focus.

I know you didn't, I'm trying to sympathise with their cause as they are so stretched and doing a wonderful job in most circumstances, but have failed my friend terribly on this occasion, in my opinion.

I think she is going to escalate today.

southerncomfort

Visit site

He had a formal warning, he was told clearly he was not to attempt to contact my friend directly, indirectly, visit any premises she was at and he had no business to be there etc. If he contacted her or visited her new yard, home etc, then he would be arrested.

Thats shocking to be honest.

I'm a big supporter of our police forces but they really let women down over and over again.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
I'm a big supporter of our police forces but they really let women down over and over again.

When I hear that there are 6 officers covering a population of 110K spread over a 30 minute drive from one end to the other, only one of whom carries a taser and with luck, two can put on blues and twos, it puts the situation into perspective.

I know it costs, but I’m going to suggest that your friend requests a non molestation order which carries power of arrest. She definitely needs to keep escalating, by all means complain, the relevant officer/s WILL be investigated.

Lammy

Visit site
They dont though sadly. I've got first hand experience of it. The police rang them for a "chat" and all that did was escalate the behaviour. There's a video of me being assaulted, and they still didn't do anything. It was an absolutely terrifying period in my life and even months later I constantly check over my shoulder and rarely drive a direct route anywhere in case I am being followed.

That is a terrible thing to have to go through, so sorry you had to put up with that ? And thats the worry if the police aren’t forceful enough at the right time then I can see how it would escalate matters instead of actually helping.

As others have said, tell her she needs to get her complaints in. If she fears for her life (which she is right to be) then she needs to tell the police that directly. Definitely not the time to be playing down the need for help. Even if they don’t do anything right away, it should help in the long run having those sorts of notes against his name.
Although this is Northants police were talking about ??‍♀️

Apizz2019

Visit site
Thats shocking to be honest.

They do but I guess do have their hands tied and are very thin on the ground.

And its no secret, that's why so many people get away with things and just carry on swanning about, clearly above the law.

Apizz2019

Visit site
That is a terrible thing to have to go through, so sorry you had to put up with that ? And thats the worry if the police aren’t forceful enough at the right time then I can see how it would escalate matters instead of actually helping.

As others have said, tell her she needs to get her complaints in. If she fears for her life (which she is right to be) then she needs to tell the police that directly. Definitely not the time to be playing down the need for help. Even if they don’t do anything right away, it should help in the long run having those sorts of notes against his name.
Although this is Northants police were talking about ??‍♀️

It's so scary, I'd hate to be her right now. She was scared when he turned up at her workplace, much more so now that we know he has history and is actually quite a nasty individual.

She's logging everything, so hopefully that will help somewhat further down the line! ?

Ruftysdad

Visit site
They do but I guess do have their hands tied and are very thin on the ground.

And its no secret, that's why so many people get away with things and just carry on swanning about, clearly above the law.
Get her to contact your MP and copy in the Police Commissioner. The police's first duty is protection of life and property. They are clearly not doing this

Sossigpoker

Visit site
I had a violent stalker in London nearly 20 years ago and at first the police just had the attitude that he's my ex boyfriend and I need to deal with it myself. I had to get the university involved before they'd do anything and then it turned out that he was wanted for something very serious and the police said that I should change my name and move as far as possible !

Apizz2019

Visit site
I had a violent stalker in London nearly 20 years ago and at first the police just had the attitude that he's my ex boyfriend and I need to deal with it myself. I had to get the university involved before they'd do anything and then it turned out that he was wanted for something very serious and the police said that I should change my name and move as far as possible !

Gosh, sorry to hear this but sounds like you had a lucky escape!!

GrassChop

Visit site
I still don't have any clear photos of myself online although I've changed my name twice and have different hair etc!

Jesus. :( I am so sorry for you and any other person that has had or is having to go through this. I cannot even imagine how awful it must be.

This needs to stop. We are all in this together. I am not near Northants but if there is anything I can do, I am willing to do so if it will help.