Please please sign

Parrotperson

Visit site
The land register must show who it is registered to. Could a solicitor issue a letter to the council to get her to remove the gates (could they be removed when she is out? == check for cameras) if she is physical towards you when riding on land she does not own it needs videoing and presenting to the police as well as reporting to them at the time. More local papers local radio and local TV. Is there a local pony /riding club that can do mass rides on it with local papers radio and TV present.what is your parish council doing about it?

sadly if it’s hasn’t been sold since compulsory registration then it won’t be registered at the land registry.

suspect it probably belongs to the house that burnt down and therefore whoever owns that land.

exracehorse

Visit site
sadly if it’s hasn’t been sold since compulsory registration then it won’t be registered at the land registry.

suspect it probably belongs to the house that burnt down and therefore whoever owns that land.
the lane went past the old house that burnt down. And joined Little Cornard. Which is now known as Gt Cornard. Hence why the lane has no owner.

exracehorse

Visit site
Latest updates. Unfortunately the owner has removed her property from the market. And not selling. Worst news I’ve had this year. I spoke to Mr Last at the Def Map Office. The council agreed it should be a R Byway to allow horses. Cyclists. Walkers along the ancient lane. However. Michelle objected. Despite over 1.000 on line signatures and over 70 submitted evidence user reports. Because she objected. It went to Bristol council. And there the forms are still sitting. Apparently a year min before they look at them ! And even if she moveMr Last said we should still use the lane as it has no ‘owner’ and in their opinion.. it was once a lane to link to Little Cornard .. now Gt Cornard. The lane runs alongside Michelle boundary and she has no legal right over it. The gates are still in place. Making it nearly impossible to get through on horse back. She has cameras up that notify your arrival and comes flying out. With verbal abuse. Usual shite .. private property. No horses allowed past. I’ve had to report an incident when she tried to shut the gate on my horse leg. I have a crime number. I went that way three weeks ago and she again caused issues. She is claiming to have in her possession a letter from the council banning anyone going through until it is officially declared and signs put up. This is a big fat LIE. If anyone has any problems then please contact the police and Mr Last from the council 01473 264774. He said absolutely not has any letter been issued. They cannot as the land does not belong to her or anyone else for that matter. I could technically park my car in front of those gates as it’s beyond her boundary. I do have go pro video evidence of her claims. I have been advised by the police to ‘record’ any time I go past. For my horses safety. Please be aware that you will be on camera as they are mounted on her wall.

Attachments

• DEA4BD0C-B1B6-4B2F-92F8-B26A75D31D28.jpeg
    DEA4BD0C-B1B6-4B2F-92F8-B26A75D31D28.jpeg
    56.8 KB · Views: 66

exracehorse

Visit site
Does anyone have any legal experience? Can we .. as locals …. Remove that gate. As technically it’s not on her land. It’s across a lane with no owner. As it’s going to be another year of missing out on riding off road unless you want to have a heated argument with her and to be honest. She scares me

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Does anyone have any legal experience? Can we .. as locals …. Remove that gate. As technically it’s not on her land. It’s across a lane with no owner. As it’s going to be another year of missing out on riding off road unless you want to have a heated argument with her and to be honest. She scares me

You need a friendly farmer and a couple of burly guys to remove the gates. Although to be honest the council are being as much use as a chocolate tea pot I’m not removing them themselves.
Thanks for the update and I’m really sorry your troubles are continuing x

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
Can you take a policeman or woman with you when you ride out, maybe an off duty one so she doesn’t twig it’s the police. When she rushes out and abuses you they can then read her her rights so to speak and demand to see the letter. Let her dig her own grave and get herself arrested which might shut her up for a while. I also thought you weren't allowed to point cameras in public places from your property which capture images of passers by but I may be wrong. What a useless council.

Widgeon

Visit site
So sorry this is still going on. Keep at it though, she'll be relying on the ability to wear you down. It's so important that we fight for our rights of way so you're doing a huge and valuable service to the whole community. Good luck finding a tame police officer to accompany you - might get her to pipe down for a bit.

Fransurrey

Visit site
If you have recorded evidence of her rushing out of her house and verbally abusing you, surely that should be sufficient for the police to pay her a visit and give her a verbal warning regarding harassment? You should not have to put up with this type of behaviour. Really sorry that she has taken the house off the market.
You'd think so, but if Norfolk is anything like Surrey, there ARE no police to attend such incidents. We don't even have a station in my town anymore. It's literally two towns away.

Velcrobum

Visit site
Does she have cameras scanning for people coming up the lane from Gt Cornard? If not a stealth party could nip in to remove the gate if it can be lifted off its hinges. Alternatively put a strong padlock on it so she cannot get out! She is fighting dirty so perhaps time for some of her own medicine.

Any one around with an air rifle that could take the camera/s out??

An alternative solution might be to let some roving personnel of apparent Irish decent have £20 to collect said gate......................

SashaBabe

Visit site
Could you get a letter from Mr. Last, confirming that the land does not belong to her, then have a solicitor write to her, enclosing a copy of said letter, and say that if she continues to block the lane, proceedings will be issued against her. Then have the solicitor write to Bristol Council, advising that she is preventing the public/horse riders from entering the lane, which clearly she has no right to do, and that the matter needs to be resolved as soon as possible.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Any one around with an air rifle that could take the camera/s out??

An alternative solution might be to let some roving personnel of apparent Irish decent have £20 to collect said gate......................

Thankfully, I don’t think the OP is stupid enough to follow either of those suggestions…

huskydamage

Visit site
Saddened but not suprised to see this is my area, people are so anti-horses and territorial here. The amount of lunatics that I have seen come running out there house screaming at me out hacking. I just don't get it, it's completely insane! If this woman isn't careful she will end up getting done for assault. She cannot touch you or your horses. The verbal stuff could potentially amount to harassment.

exracehorse

Visit site
If you have recorded evidence of her rushing out of her house and verbally abusing you, surely that should be sufficient for the police to pay her a visit and give her a verbal warning regarding harassment? You should not have to put up with this type of behaviour. Really sorry that she has taken the house off the market.
Yes. The policeman updated me. They did go to see her. But she’s still coming out and verbally kicking off. Im
So sick of it now. We can only get to country park to ride now by riding down a busy very steep road. And the horses slide

Last edited:

Ratface

Visit site
Isn't such ongoing and consistent harassment illegal? A discussion with Local Authority and police to prevent this woman stopping your quiet enjoyment of a public road. She is creating a public nuisance. Do you know if she is behaving in this way to other horse riders?

exracehorse

Visit site
Isn't such ongoing and consistent harassment illegal? A discussion with Local Authority and police to prevent this woman stopping your quiet enjoyment of a public road. She is creating a public nuisance. Do you know if she is behaving in this way to other horse riders?
Yes. But the other riders have given up as you have to dismount to open gates and get back on which many can’t do. We’re all getting old ?. I struggle too from the ground.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
Could you get a letter from Mr. Last, confirming that the land does not belong to her, then have a solicitor write to her, enclosing a copy of said letter, and say that if she continues to block the lane, proceedings will be issued against her. Then have the solicitor write to Bristol Council, advising that she is preventing the public/horse riders from entering the lane, which clearly she has no right to do, and that the matter needs to be resolved as soon as possible.
Definitely worth doing.

canteron

Visit site
I wonder if she is fighting it because it would devalue her house if there is a ROW just outside it, as she is clearly playing with selling it sometime.

I also (but I am not a solicitor so who knows) think you could remove the gate, without damaging it, and carefully put on her land, they that should be fine, as technically its fly tipping?????

But before, you could also have one last blast at being friendly, writing and saying how much it upsets everyone - and obviously upsets her - and that as the ROW matter will now be resolved legally, maybe she could refrain from blocking the lane until the matter is decided upon, one way or the other and that you will abide by the formal ruling?

Fransurrey

Visit site
Yes. But the other riders have given up as you have to dismount to open gates and get back on which many can’t do. We’re all getting old ?. I struggle too from the ground.
Is it just horses or is she like this with walkers and cyclists? I can't remember, sorry! Are the Ramblers Association or British Cycling able to get involved, do you think? I guess they're quicker to open and shut the gate, but if a few could get together at a fixed time, maybe it could be a regular meet up. I can see why people are tempted to just remove the gates at this point. What a bloody loon!

Fluffypiglet

Visit site
I’ve got nothing helpful but just wanted to say how sorry I am to hear her crazy behaviour is continuing, it must be so stressful for you and other riders. I hope you can find a way forward with some of the suggestions on here ?

SashaBabe

Visit site
By putting a gate up, she is implying she owns the whole lane, which can't possibly be the case, or is she implying she just owns part of the lane, which again, I can't see being the case? She is clearly chancing her arm in the hope that, by ranting and raving, people will simply avoid coming anywhere near her house. I think I would annoy her by parking outside her house and just sitting there. Take a book to read, or a flask of tea and sandwiches. She doesn't own the road, so she can't stop you from parking there. Alternatively, ride your horse up to the gate and just hang about there for a couple of hours, which you are perfectly entitled to do. This will certainly her her goat and if she comes out of her house, ranting and raving, record it all and then tell the police you feel threatened by her behaviour and they need to pay her another visit. Maybe, if you do it often enough, she will put the house back on the market. A bit extreme, I know, but I would do my best not to let her get away with it. Horrible woman.