Roll up! Roll up!! Get the answer you're looking for RIGHT here. NO problem too big..

Beausmate

Visit site
wot breed is he?

ibrought a horse froma geezer down the pub but i dont no wot brred it is! it is short an itz feet r wierd an itz ears are all droopy an its teef ar sort of ponty an it waves itz tale about! dos it hav a bad back an shud i get a animal commnuctor to see it! it makes a odd noize to like a wuff noize

i wan it 2b a showjumper so i can win stuff an were bling!

iz it likly to be gud

D66

Visit site
wot breed is he?

ibrought a horse froma geezer down the pub but i dont no wot brred it is! it is short an itz feet r wierd an itz ears are all droopy an its teef ar sort of ponty an it waves itz tale about! dos it hav a bad back an shud i get a animal commnuctor to see it! it makes a odd noize to like a wuff noize

i wan it 2b a showjumper so i can win stuff an were bling!

iz it likly to be gud
Yes, if you wear very fashionable clothes and your mount's saddle cloth is exactly the same shade as the stirrups and bandages you will always do double clears and go faster than anyone else.
See you at HOYS :)
It is probably a German shepherd horse. They are often to be sourced via a geezer in a pub.

Last edited:

Pedantic

Visit site
I'm thinking of buying a 15hh 15 year old slightly arthritic pony, will I be too heavy for it ?, I won't tell you how heavy I am, if you ask me I will accuse you of being Racist and Homophobic and run off the the admin claiming bullying, here is a picture with me "behind" the pony so you can't see how Mahoosive I am. NOA

Beausmate

Visit site
I'm thinking of buying a 15hh 15 year old slightly arthritic pony, will I be too heavy for it ?, I won't tell you how heavy I am, if you ask me I will accuse you of being Racist and Homophobic and run off the the admin claiming bullying, here is a picture with me "behind" the pony so you can't see how Mahoosive I am. NOA

As long as you don't weigh more than the horse + 20%, you will be fine. Turmeric and nightshade for the arthritis and you're good to go.

highlandponygirl

Visit site
I'm thinking about buying my first horse. I have been riding for a month but have read loads of books, including The Horse Whisperer and feel I'm ready to buy my own.

My dream is to buy a beautiful warmblood who I will have an amazing career in top level showjumping with and hopefully the Olympics *gushes with excitment* I've seen this realllllly cute WB foal who is 10 weeks old and I really think he could be 'the one'. I visited him and he was just toooo adorable, and is a really pretty black and white patchy colour, his mummy was nice too she was 9 hh but her owner assured me the foal will exceed 16hh. The foal looks amazing even if one of his legs is a bit shorter than the others - with the right management i'm sure it will grow.

I wasn't really looking for a baby horse but think it would be just an amazing story if we both grew together and became best friends. Maybe when I train him to be really good at jumping he might be good for breeding showjumpers.

What do you think?

I'm so excited to hopefully be bringing him home next week *toodles off to buy saddles, bridles and all the training gadgets I will need to start our taining when he arrives*

exracehorse

Visit site
Some very witty responses. Made me smile on such a cold horrid day. What's scary is that most of these are on chit chat and tack. 😉

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
Hi.

I have a really pretty piebald cob horse I rescued from the meat man a year ago. He was going really well until a month ago, and now he is really lame (about 9/10s), but only in canter, and when we are schooling. He can't even stay in a straight line without almost falling over, and bobs his head up and down. It's also really hard work getting him to canter. He's great to do x country with tho (he jumped 1.30 meters with me in a flat out gallop the over day, lol), loves the galloping parts, so it only hurts him when we do schooling. He's really good at sj to, an can do up to 1.50 meters!!! I haven't got much money, so havent had the vet out yet, but the physio has been an said that he's got a knot in his right shoulder, but she doesn't think that it's why he's lame.

'cause he's only lame in the school, I think he'd really like to go to a hunting home since he loves xc, do you think i should sell him to a hunting home? i think he'd love leading the dogs over the country, with all them jumps!!!!

Let me know what you think

On the Hoof

Visit site
I'm thinking about buying my first horse. I have been riding for a month but have read loads of books, including The Horse Whisperer and feel I'm ready to buy my own.

My dream is to buy a beautiful warmblood who I will have an amazing career in top level showjumping with and hopefully the Olympics *gushes with excitment* I've seen this realllllly cute WB foal who is 10 weeks old and I really think he could be 'the one'. I visited him and he was just toooo adorable, and is a really pretty black and white patchy colour, his mummy was nice too she was 9 hh but her owner assured me the foal will exceed 16hh. The foal looks amazing even if one of his legs is a bit shorter than the others - with the right management i'm sure it will grow.

I wasn't really looking for a baby horse but think it would be just an amazing story if we both grew together and became best friends. Maybe when I train him to be really good at jumping he might be good for breeding showjumpers.

What do you think?

I'm so excited to hopefully be bringing him home next week *toodles off to buy saddles, bridles and all the training gadgets I will need to start our taining when he arrives*

Spits tea out over IPad ...kin brilliant

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
also, how do i get his head on the bit? i tried putting a 3 rings gag on him an drawing rains, but he just tried to rear up, an didnt move!!!! my instructor said that i should wear spurs, but im not sure. What if i hurt him with them? sould i try lundging him in a passowa?

highlandponygirl

Visit site
also, how do i get his head on the bit? i tried putting a 3 rings gag on him an drawing rains, but he just tried to rear up, an didnt move!!!! my instructor said that i should wear spurs, but im not sure. What if i hurt him with them? sould i try lundging him in a passowa?

You need to use three sets of reins on the gag bit along side the drawing rein. This WILL get him on the bit.

Also what's a passowa? I think I might need one for my new foal.

cappucino

Visit site

What do you think?

Please don't waste your money buying new stuff for your new horsie. Just post in any fb page asking for free or very cheap stuff. Loads of people will be happy to give you things as I'm sure they didn't have to save up to buy them in the first place, they will just be sitting around the tack room. Be sure to ask for them to deliver them to you for free, as that will save on fuel :)

Don't worry about the short leg, it will just help your horse to jump fences on corners :)

Hopefully he won't grow too big so you can save money on livery and keep him in the back garden

Good luck :)

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
You need to use three sets of reins on the gag bit along side the drawing rein. This WILL get him on the bit.

Also what's a passowa? I think I might need one for my new foal.

oh right, thanx! will go an put 3 rains on. do you think i should also wear spurs?
A passowa is this really cool thing that ties your horses head down so they go on the bit and look all nice an pretty, it has all these other ropes to that go all over you're horses body (don't know what they do tho). you can only lundge in it tho. you should deffo get on for you're knew foal!! :) :)

highlandponygirl

Visit site
oh right, thanx! will go an put 3 rains on. do you think i should also wear spurs?
A passowa is this really cool thing that ties your horses head down so they go on the bit and look all nice an pretty, it has all these other ropes to that go all over you're horses body (don't know what they do tho). you can only lundge in it tho. you should deffo get on for you're knew foal!! :) :)

I think you should wear spurs, they look really cool especially the ones with the diamantes round them. People will think you are a experienced rider too. I'm going to get a pair of the diamante ones, they'll match my hat trim.

I'll defo be trying the passowa then, my foal will need to look the part at all the shows I'm planning this summer. Do you think I could make my own if they're just made out of rope? It will save me some money lol

Last edited:

EquiEquestrian556

Visit site
I think you should wear spurs, they look really cool especially the ones with the diamantes round them. People will think you are a experienced rider too. I'm going to get a pair of the diamante ones, they'll match my hat trim.

I'll defo be trying the passowa then, my foal will need to look the part at all the shows I'm planning this summer. Do you think I could make my own if they're just made out of rope? It will save me some money lol

Great, thank you! Id love to look like a pro.

Oh yeah, im sure you could make your own, its only rope besides, an making your own would mean that you dont have to pay unnecessary money to. In fact, i'm sure you could get a secondhand one off fb.

chillipup

Visit site
Bump. Just because :)

Well about time too! Welcome back. Where on earth have you been? I read back through all the posts and your fabulous, caring answers and sadly, have to admit, I did indeed wet myself through laughing so very much..tena lady is now my friend! :D