So, I’m picking up a spaniel this week.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Doing some detective work, you previously have liberated a terrier and a collie from the same place as Pepper came from, and have found them good homes. There might be more that I don't know of.

You're a really good sort, Clodagh, but is there anything that can be done long term to prevent this place from keeping dogs that they don't seem to be able to care for properly?

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
You’re the person. Where’s the off switch? ?. She has no idea how to relax when I’m with her. If I say sit she sits, atremble, waiting for the next command. The labs know ‘stand down, soldier’ means stop hunting now, I wonder if she could learn ‘just relax for a minute.’

With luck, she’ll learn from them, although mine are doing no such thing. Hyper vigilant last night, there was no peace. Tonight, they’ve broken into both fenced off sections, killed the just resurrected clematis and dug up the just planted sweet peas. I’ve brought them in, there was one Mitch running upstairs incident-they are not allowed upstairs, not keen on puppies negotiating stairs, particularly when they think they’re the Flash.

"Please just f*ck off a minute, Hugo" works here. ? But that's the Sprollie. Oscar Sprocker was pre-fitted with an off switch... inside...he sleeps happily (even, when life has been busy, without sufficient exercise). Outside he's just constantly on Important Spaniel Business although because we frequented pubs and cafes when he was very small he does understand about being on a lead under a table.

Henry Spaniel's off switch only activates after 9pm. ?

Zak and Bear responded to eff off. Very quickly picked up on what was required!

I have one early morning dog and one evening dog. Bear sleeps unless something is going on. I keep telling the OH we need to train them to sit quietly in pubs-by taking them there!

TheresaW

www.justgiving.com
Doing some detective work, you previously have liberated a terrier and a collie from the same place as Pepper came from, and have found them good homes. There might be more that I don't know of.

You're a really good sort, Clodagh, but is there anything that can be done long term to prevent this place from keeping dogs that they don't seem to be able to care for properly?

This goofball ?

35210F1E-C767-4436-9402-7F289292E030.jpeg

Thistle

Visit site

Tiddlypom
There is a young spaniel that I fostered and rehomed through Spaniel Aid too.

Clodagh

Visit site

I can’t see it. And Pep probably the last one I’ll help, having moved away.

Clodagh

Visit site
She must have been trained. If I walk she hunts, if I stop she sits. Immediate recall on whistle and sit up.
Had a complete meltdown when wearing the cone in the cage while her bodysuit dried off this morning. Stitches do t seem to have burst yet!

SAujla

Visit site
Give it a rest, you are smitten and in love with her. I understand you won't publicly admit this yet because it might be seen as too soon but we all know. She is fantastic, very beautiful and you are clearly enjoying training her already

Clodagh

Visit site
Give it a rest, you are smitten and in love with her. I understand you won't publicly admit this yet because it might be seen as too soon but we all know. She is fantastic, very beautiful and you are clearly enjoying training her already
I’ve got a lot more cold blooded since the numbers went through the roof! ?

Clodagh

Visit site
If I’m in sight or earshot she is settled, if I’m out of sight she howls. If she can see another human or dog she is better but it’s all about me.
I get that she thinks I’m the bee’s knee’s, but how best to deal with it? I’m usually busy and moving about so if she is caged I pop in and out of view but when we sat to watch a bit of tv tonight things got very loud.

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
If I’m in sight or earshot she is settled, if I’m out of sight she howls. If she can see another human or dog she is better but it’s all about me.
I get that she thinks I’m the bee’s knee’s, but how best to deal with it? I’m usually busy and moving about so if she is caged I pop in and out of view but when we sat to watch a bit of tv tonight things got very loud.

I can’t help. Goose is on my knee. Don’t you fancy a lap dog? ??

Clodagh

Visit site
Her coming in the sitting room is not an option. She would be kennelled if it wasn’t for the surgery, and we are working on that during the day. She has to be settled without a human to look at. She wore an anti bark collar at her last home.
My OH is not very positive anyway and her coming through to the carpeted bit is a no.