The SNP and Mrs Nicola Sturgeon

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
So in light of this new rant by May about how the NHS will be privatised by 40% in the next four years what are we thinking? Very Margaret Thatcher like no? Blaming the workers for the downfall of the NHS despite the severe austerity that is throttling our public services, so we have sturgeon up here trying to better our public services and south of the border we have a government selling to the highest bidder. Sorry but I know where would rather be and I'm afraid it's up here.

Then again my brothers offer to go live on NZ is becoming increasingly appealing with the money grabbing barsteward Tories running the country to its knees

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
"'SHAMELESS' Sturgeon's latest independence drive could be ILLEGAL, say furious Tories

CALLS for an urgent investigation to be carried out into whether the Scottish National Party’s new independence initiative breaks election laws have been made.

PUBLISHED: 15:17, Fri, Sep 2, 2016 | UPDATED: 19:26, Fri, Sep 2, 2016
Ruth Davidson/ Nicola Sturgeon/ Scottish flagGETTY
Scot Tories claimed the national survey launched by Sturgeon is a a "potential breach" of the law
Scottish Conservatives have written to the Electoral Commission claiming the national survey launched by First Minister Nicola Sturgeon is a "potential breach" of the Political Parties, Elections and Referendums Act 2000".

Frankly the SNP and Sturgeon are making complete bl..dy fools of the Scots and Scotland and it's time responsible people in Scotland stopped this nonsense.

It will not surprise me if she faces charges or indeed is arrested.

Before you get all over excited at the prospect of the First Minister being hauled off to Barlinnie, Judgemental, the Electoral Commission has already ruled that this does not breach campaign law:
http://www.scotsman.com/news/politi...-electoral-law-after-tory-challenge-1-4219732

Bit pathetic of the Tories, really. But to be expected, because, well, Tories :D

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
So in light of this new rant by May about how the NHS will be privatised by 40% in the next four years what are we thinking? Very Margaret Thatcher like no? Blaming the workers for the downfall of the NHS despite the severe austerity that is throttling our public services, so we have sturgeon up here trying to better our public services and south of the border we have a government selling to the highest bidder. Sorry but I know where would rather be and I'm afraid it's up here.

Then again my brothers offer to go live on NZ is becoming increasingly appealing with the money grabbing barsteward Tories running the country to its knees

Also to be expected, because, well, Tories. Some people never learn! :D

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Not picky, just like to see some accuracy in between the hysteria. You made it sound as though being arrested is much worse than being charged. That is just wrong.

Judgemental

The Internet makes one's location irrelevant
Visit site
Not picky, just like to see some accuracy in between the hysteria. You made it sound as though being arrested is much worse than being charged. That is just wrong.

Oh dear where is it all going to end. :rolleyes3:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/70...on-as-internet-compares-SNP-to-Les-Miserables

"‘Negative and WRONG’ Ridicule for Sturgeon as internet compares SNP to Les Miserables

IF NICOLA Sturgeon thought her press conference to woo the Scots to join her bid to break up Britain was a success then she underestimated the power of the internet.

By SIOBHAN MCFADYEN
PUBLISHED: 21:07, Fri, Sep 2, 2016 | UPDATED: 21:30, Fri, Sep 2, 2016
Les Miserables meme was just one which popped up onlineGETTY
Les Miserables meme was just one which popped up online
Hysterical memes cropped up online with thousands of people queuing up to take pot shots at Ms Sturgeon and her predecessor Alex Salmond who has been keeping mum of late.

Ms Sturgeon used her platform to broadcast threatening messages to the rest of the UK and to ignore the democratic vote by insisting she would once again hatch a plan to break up Britain.

But her ill judged comments have only led to a massive backlash even drawing comparisons to the Victor Hugo novel Les Miserables which was written in in 1862"

The last people to threaten the British people were the inimical duo Cameron and Osborne. They have ended up as toast.

Last edited:

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
Oh dear where is it all going to end. :rolleyes3:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/70...on-as-internet-compares-SNP-to-Les-Miserables

"‘Negative and WRONG’ Ridicule for Sturgeon as internet compares SNP to Les Miserables

IF NICOLA Sturgeon thought her press conference to woo the Scots to join her bid to break up Britain was a success then she underestimated the power of the internet.

So "the internet compares SNP to Les Miserables" does it?? What the 'journalist' actually meant to say was "British Sovereignty & Heritage magazine posts a pot shot at the SNP on its Facebook page".

More award winning writing from the Daily Express :rolleyes:

Judgemental

Visit site
However a similar attempt at independence!! Tranquillisers may be needed again!

One did wonder whether Gorilla or in the form of Guerrilla might be appropriate, a sort of latter day Che Guevara, leading an insurent tartan group of street fighters.

Frankly she is a silly little girl way out of her class and depth. At the same time making a fool of the Scottish people.

Judgemental

Visit site

Judgemental

Visit site
Wonder if the subject person makes her bed, does the washing up or cleans the house and knows how to use a vacuum cleaner

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/72...ed-own-constituency-govanhill-slum-crime-rats

Sturgeon grilled by furious residents in her OWN CONSTITUENCY left looking like a SLUM

NICOLA Sturgeon was subjected to two hours’ of questioning today from her own constituents - who asked why their neighbourhood was covered in rubbish, being overrun by rats and dangerous for women.

By JOEY MILLAR
PUBLISHED: 00:00, Fri, Oct 21, 2016 | UPDATED: 07:22, Fri, Oct 21, 2016

Judgemental

Visit site
... how is this thread still alive?!?! :D

Please would one of you bright young, or perhaps not so young Scots explain Sturgeon and the SNP, in relation to the UK.

Yesterday we learnt as a result of the announcement, concerning the new runway at Heathrow, that £450,000,000.00 (four hundred and fifty million pounds) worth of Scottish Salmon is shipped through Heathrow annually. Presumably there is relatively large quantities of whisky etc. Along with a variety of other goods originating and manufactured in Scotland.

That everybody in Scotland welcomed the plan and that they, the Scots could not function without Heathrow and the ability to have the capacity for large long haul flights, which seemingly Scottish airports would have difficulty handling.

As that is the case, why is Sturgeon and the SNP doing their very best to p..s the UK government off.

Frankly unless Sturgeon and the SNP start behaving sensibly, they should be prevented from shipping through UK ports and Barnett Consequential is abandoned.

In other words no co-operation no money!

Notwithstanding the fact if Scotland was an EU member state they would have to adopt the Euro.

Are these people who peddle independence and membership of the EU mentally balanced?

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
... how is this thread still alive?!?! :D

Ask Ms Sturgeon.

Always thought she would come back for a second innings.

May be one of the erudite and liberal intelligentsia and or the good right wing down to earth folk, who are our kindred spirits, can shed some light on Scottish Independence and their Army, Airforce and Navy.

In a nut shell who is going to provide their defence force?

Isbister

Visit site
Nicola Sturgeon has been likened to two creatures recently:

i) a silverback gorilla
ii) the lovechild of a Bay City Roller and a Shetland pony.

The second was by Allison Pearson in today's Telegraph. Her article pretty much says all that needs to be said on the subject of a second referendum.

Judgemental

Visit site
Hate to point out the obvious, Judgemental, but an independent Scotland wouldn't have Trident parked at Faslane - it'd be somewhere on the south coast of England.

I always enjoy that argument about our nuclear deterrent base at Faslane

Firstly the House of Commons passed a bill last autumn renewing the facility for the next 50 years.

Secondly in the very unlikely event it would be removed, Scotland would have to foot the bill for removal and decommissioning, which they cannot afford.

Thirdly the Americans have a fairly large interest and say in strategic command and whilst there are those who are stupid enough, not to want to retain our nuclear operational base etc, the Americans would not listen to any views expressed by Scotland.

Fourthly it is at Faslane and it will not be going anywhere. The Scots will do as they are told and put up and shut up and remember that they are part of the United Kingdom just like the rest of us.

As for the girl from Irvine, I gather she has changed her tune very rapidly, indeed in the last 48 hours, over so called Independence but exactly why is unclear. I would speculate she has been taken aside, indeed taken to a tall mountain and shown the 'promised land' which is a rather desolate and very expensive landscape. Coupled to being told to cease being unpatriotic and making trouble or life might just be very uncomfortable. personally and politically. British governments are always very patient until pushed too far and then they say enough is enough, especially when it is by British nationals on mainland United Kingdom.

Frankly and very bluntly, all these people (Remoaners) who want to be part of Europe, I suggest they pack their bags and depart the United Kingdom from wherever they are lucky enough to live. Romania might be appropriate for Remoaners:cool3:

Last edited:

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
Nicola Sturgeon has been likened to two creatures recently:

i) a silverback gorilla
ii) the lovechild of a Bay City Roller and a Shetland pony.

The second was by Allison Pearson in today's Telegraph. Her article pretty much says all that needs to be said on the subject of a second referendum.

The article by Ms Pearson was a load of drivel. But then that's to be expected from a chick lit author writing in the Women's Lifestyle section of the Telegraph.

I see that the Telegraph didn't have the courage of its convictions and replaced the original heading of the article, which was not only libellous but suggested that the elected First Minister of Scotland should be beheaded!

Judgemental

Visit site
Blah blah blah. An independent Scotland would not have Trident at Faslane. Or anywhere else in Scotland. Fact.

Buddy'sMum you are so sweet.

There is the small matter of Barnett Consequential and the £10,152.00 per head of population in Scotland, that is paid by way of annual subsidy by the government.

I know for a fact that where there to be no Faslane, there would be no subsidy and as Scottish Oil is now next to worthless, the devolved assembly in Holyrood would be unable to function in the governance of the all the various costs, generated in running Scotland.

Notwithstanding the huge economic financial infrastructure that Faslane contributes to the Scottish economy.

Of course, the fact the matter of Ms Sturgeon and this thread continues is in part due to her dishonest conduct concerning English Votes for English laws. When she said at the time of the General Election the SNP would stand aside from any vote concerning hunting in England and Wales.

Allowing the Hunting Act 2004 to mirror that of Scotland.

Had she honoured that commitment, then the H of C could have easily amended the Hunting Act 2004 under The Statutory Instrument. Thus amongst other things, allowing the big herds of Red Deer, to be moved and or dispersed on the moors in Devon and Somerset. Also moved off the small farms in and around the moors where they do immense damage to forestry and grass.

Last edited:

Buddy'sMum

Visit site
There is the small matter of Barnett Consequential and the £10,152.00 per head of population in Scotland, that is paid by way of annual subsidy by the government.

I know for a fact that where there to be no Faslane, there would be no subsidy

Why are you blethering about Barnett? You do understand that if Scotland gains independence, Westminster would not be responsible for allocating public expenditure funding to Scotland, don't you?

Judgemental

Visit site
Why are you blethering about Barnett? You do understand that if Scotland gains independence, Westminster would not be responsible for allocating public expenditure funding to Scotland, don't you?

Yes I most certainly do and you will not have enough money to run the country. Scotland relies on charity from the UK government to survive.

It will revert to a country where children are wandering the streets of the Gorbals barefoot and in tatters. Begging for food on the streets. Because there will be such high unemployment, the Scottish Government will not be able to pay their parents unemployment benefit at a sustainable rate.

Companies will move south of the border in their thousands and investment by overseas companies will dry up.

Still I suppose there is one good thing, we won't have to put up with all those pesky SNP MP's in the H of C

Last edited:

Judgemental

Visit site
My, Judgemental, you do have quite the imagination, don't you? :D

Look let's be very serious.

The EU won't have Scotland as a member. Whatever they say, they know Scotland cannot afford the membership fee.

Mrs May has a huge pot of money about £100 billion with which to influence the EU and which the EU badly needs, some of which may or not be justly due to the EU, as part of the 'severance pay' i.e she can buy "lack of cooperation" towards the Scots by the EU.

Trust me it's all a financial impossibility, granted when oil was being pumped at the zenith of the it's price trajectory it may have been possible to finance independence, but not any more.