Utopia to be sold at Auction with no reserve..

marotelle

Visit site
Would you care to elaborate!

You obviously have an axe to grind with C Hester,this is not my concern, I simply feel sorry for
this horse who is caught up in this sorry business.He has been beautifully produced and kept
and been ridden in a superb style;should the remurs of his sale to the Shockenmohle set up be true, the poor fellow will be in for a shock.
The Shockenmohle breeding program is a business,individual horses are simply a number,the
mares at least get turned out in the summer but the stallions are there to breed and Nothing else,perhaps I was unlucky ;when I saw them they were kept in filthy conditions.
Obviously on open and show days ,they are washed and the stables are cleaned,I still would not like to venture into the sheds where they keep the mares and yougsters during the winter...But then this was a few years ago, perhaps now things have changed and who knows
stallions might be kept Under another 'régime'.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
I think it depends if you have been healthy and sound for those 15 years. or whether it has been a struggle to keep you performing at that level.

ester

Visit site
I am a bit surprised even on here why there is so much sentiment/feeling sorry for the horse in all this. Wherever he ends up he is at least going to get his basic needs met, especially if you just paid 165k for him?

elliefiz

Visit site
I wish people would take the time to spell someone's name correctly before they decide to disparage them on the Internet. It is Schockemohle. A quick Google will show that. And Heather Moffat has posted an apology on Facebook for starting the rumour because there is no truth in it and as of yet she, along with all of us, has zero idea who bought the horse. It may indeed be Carl. No statement has been made.

WandaMare

Visit site
I am a bit surprised even on here why there is so much sentiment/feeling sorry for the horse in all this. Wherever he ends up he is at least going to get his basic needs met, especially if you just paid 165k for him?

I think some of us would hope that he has more in life to look forward to than having his basic needs met.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I wish people would take the time to spell someone's name correctly before they decide to disparage them on the Internet. It is Schockemohle. A quick Google will show that. And Heather Moffat has posted an apology on Facebook for starting the rumour because there is no truth in it and as of yet she, along with all of us, has zero idea who bought the horse. It may indeed be Carl. No statement has been made.

Psst , it's MoffEtt ;)

ester

Visit site
I think some of us would hope that he has more in life to look forward to than having his basic needs met.

Well I suspect he has too, essentially wherever he ends up he is going to do better than many other equines, including those who have been equally successful for their previous owners (racing for example).

Kylara

Visit site
And Heather Moffat has posted an apology on Facebook for starting the rumour because there is no truth in it and as of yet she, along with all of us, has zero idea who bought the horse.

I'm following that thread on the BD FB page with popcorn. Poor Heather and her apologies...that makes a few already this year ;) The problem being that she's denying saying Schockemohle, and people are showing her screenshots of her own posts saying otherwise, and is now saying she didn't mean it when she said she had goos authority saying Carl hasn't got him. So all in all, pure speculation on her part, and her claims of being good mates with Carl have bumped up her speculations to the top of everyone's lists!

I'm sure whoever has him will take good care of him. And auctions for high value items can take a while to process, and especially an auction filled with so many high price items - takes everyone a bit of time to ensure transfers are made, paperwork filled out etc etc. So likely to have a press release at some point, unless they wish to remain anonymous, and in that case someone will probably track them down anyway.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
I think its unlikely that the new owner will want to remain anonymous! If it is Carl, Im sure he will want to let everyone know asap, if it is someone else they are likely to have bought the horse for commercial reasons, either competing or breeding, so keeping their identity secret wont really help, will it? I do hope that wherever he is he continues to enjoy life though, in whatever direction it takes.

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I'm following that thread on the BD FB page with popcorn. Poor Heather and her apologies...that makes a few already this year ;) The problem being that she's denying saying Schockemohle, and people are showing her screenshots of her own posts saying otherwise, and is now saying she didn't mean it when she said she had goos authority saying Carl hasn't got him. So all in all, pure speculation on her part, and her claims of being good mates with Carl have bumped up her speculations to the top of everyone's lists!

that is quite a funny thread..

ester

Visit site
If you're going to use facebook as a promotional tool, best to know how things work ;) I don't think you can blame people for invading your privacy when your whole page is set to public :p

Peggs

Visit site
I think whenever posting on Facebook or any social media you must sit back and think that anything you have posted; opinions, photos or otherwise are at risk of being taken out of context, stolen etc... The whole thing seems like tit-for-tat and a load of school girl gossip. It'll be nice when an official statement comes out and all the speculation and rumours cease.

HashRouge

Visit site
If you're going to use facebook as a promotional tool, best to know how things work ;) I don't think you can blame people for invading your privacy when your whole page is set to public :p

Well she does have a track history of not presenting herself in the best light online!

elliefiz

Visit site

I'm sure whoever has him will take good care of him. And auctions for high value items can take a while to process, and especially an auction filled with so many high price items - takes everyone a bit of time to ensure transfers are made, paperwork filled out etc etc. So likely to have a press release at some point, unless they wish to remain anonymous, and in that case someone will probably track them down anyway.

There is nothing more distasteful than someone pretending to know people and information they have no knowledge of in reality. Happens a lot in the horse world (and I'm sure in all walks of life) but various posts on here and on Facebook from people acting like they are in the confidence of the high and mighty of the horse world always comes off rather try hard and pathetic. I imagine Carl Hester will be crossing Heather off his Christmas card list if she was on it in the first place!! Using his name to further her own agenda wouldn't go down too well I'm sure.

Bryndu

Visit site
Whilst I am as curious as most to find out if Mr Hester has indeed been able to keep Uti... just because the auction house does not 'know' the buyer....we do not know what arrangements were made after Mr Hester's statement saying that he felt sure he had funds available ...or with whom.

As for Heather Moffet.....even if she did 'have it on good authority' ...it was not her news to tell.....badly done Ms Moffet.....badly done :(

Bryndu

PolarSkye

Visit site
If you're going to use facebook as a promotional tool, best to know how things work ;) I don't think you can blame people for invading your privacy when your whole page is set to public :p[/]

Quite. She shot her mouth off and then backpedalled furiously . . . poor judgement IMO.

P

PolarSkye

Visit site
There is nothing more distasteful than someone pretending to know people and information they have no knowledge of in reality. Happens a lot in the horse world (and I'm sure in all walks of life) but various posts on here and on Facebook from people acting like they are in the confidence of the high and mighty of the horse world always comes off rather try hard and pathetic. I imagine Carl Hester will be crossing Heather off his Christmas card list if she was on it in the first place!! Using his name to further her own agenda wouldn't go down too well I'm sure.

Where's that Like button?

P

elliefiz

Visit site
Don't worry. Most of us understand that people make spelling mistakes sometimes and not everyone googles to spell check...

If I was composing a post making pretty big accusations about someone, and claiming I had personal experience of it, I would probably ensure I had the name correct. It certainly doesn't add credibility to someone's story but then that's just my opinion.