Utopia to be sold at Auction with no reserve..

Honey08

Waffled a lot!
Visit site
I spelt his name wrong on my post too. I didn't google... Me bad!

Anyway, I think most people are just dying to find out where he's going and hoping he will be ok. It's all very secretive.

Kylara

Visit site
The thing with auctions is people often have a couple of days to pay up, and people often use agents instead of bidding themselves so even if you find out who bid, it may not be the actual buyer!

HBB

Visit site
Lévrier;13273517 said:
Thanks but it appears to have been deleted - every other thread HM has posted on appears but apparently not that one! Thanks anyway :)

Are you sure? I can still read it all. Try this link and see if this one works...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/2335048437/permalink/10155063440703438/

It starts, as quoted by Heather Moffett.... and she continues to argue black is white throughout her thread :biggrin3:

Heather Moffett
10 hrs
I would categorically wish to state that I do not know who has bought Uthopia. I would also like to state that I did not say that Paul Schockemohle has purchased him. I said that I hoped this wasn't the case as it was being rumoured, meaning it would be sad that Uthopia would be leaving Carl and GB. It seems that screen shots were taken and circulated of my post to this effect, over which I had no control. I so wish that people would respect that although public this is my own private page, and screenshots without permission are an invasion of my own privacy.
It appears to have been shared over FB that I had knowledge of this. This was not and never was the case. We were all emotional last night and undoubtedly the rumours spread like wildfire with high feelings running.
These rumours were on many pages other than mine, but I would like to apologise unreservedly to Carl and those involved, if the comments on my page have caused any confusion. That was certainly never the intention. I hope that Uti has at least been bought by a sympathetic owner. Now we must await an official statement.
PS my page no longer public. Friends only. You live and learn :'(.

{97702}

Visit site
http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/schockemohle-uthopia-owner-rumours-541891

That's good news - I dunno, I've known quite a lot of Carl's horses that either he keeps or his owners keep locally, I am not sure he would allow Uti to go elsewhere? Sure it is all about money but personally I like to think Carl has a heart too :) (yep I went for a job interview at his yard and couldn't remember who Lenny was....!!! Still got invited back for a second interview mind you :D )

SO1

Visit site
I am wondering if he has been bought by a syndicate as previously CH seemed to state when he asked people not to donate to the crowd funding, that his owners had managed to raise enough funds to purchase Utopia.

CH may well be fond of the horse and concerned about his future but I don't get the impression he is mega rich and has huge sums of money to buy expensive horses, I think most of his success has come from horses owned by others.

Interesting just looked at CH website and Utopia is on it - owner is stated as Carl Hester, my understanding is the CH has never been the sole owner of Utopia, is his website very out of date, or was his name just put as the owner whilst the dispute was about ownership was going on?

http://www.carlhester.co.uk/horses/[/url]

Last edited:

sasquatch

Visit site
I think it is wrong to speculate as to who has or doesn't have the horse at this point in time. Yes we all want to know who, but it will all be released at some point soon.

Carl Hester has not yet posted anything regarding Uthopia, and I can imagine the auction house will not release any details until the bidder has paid in full, or the sale has fallen through.

The auctioneer has said they don't recognise the buyers name, but that doesn't mean anything. It may not be Carl who has bought him, but a financial backer or syndicate or something similar. Carl also may not have been able to buy him, but instead someone may have bought him who wants him to live with Carl or retire him elsewhere, we don't know as of yet.

Sleighfarer

Visit site
Carl has now confirmed in a tweet that he was unable to secure Uthopia, but is still hoping for a positive outcome. I presume this means for the horse to stay at his yard.

elliefiz

Visit site
And now HM is threatening legal action against H&H on that facebook thread. Apparently she's "shocked and appalled" by the "personal attack" in this article: http://l.facebook.com/l.php?u=http:...ohle-uthopia-owner-rumours-541891&h=-AQGoa4Oe.

Beautiful... You couldn't make it up.

I would be very surprised if HM didn't hear from Schockemöhle's legal representatives given she started the rumour about him buying the horse alongside some nasty comments about him being unethical, mistreating horses, etc. I was the only person on her long, hysterical post who said that what was being posted was seriously disrespectful to all involved. The thing is, there is no point pretending she thought anything was private, given that in the past she has actively encouraged people to share her posts on their own pages. It's hilarious really that H&H have stuck the knife in given all her posts about the magazine, I think they get a letter from her weekly complaining about something they have published (albeit at times I do agree with the point she is making). One could almost think it was some kind of payback.

popsdosh

Visit site
At least we all know now that CH is sensible enough not to waste that sort of money. Also that PS did not see him as much of a breeding investment !! I never doubted either scenario and my faith in the competition world has been restored. Money to either of those buyers would not have been the issue but whether they saw a return on it.

popsdosh

Visit site
You obviously have an axe to grind with C Hester,this is not my concern, I simply feel sorry for
this horse who is caught up in this sorry business.He has been beautifully produced and kept
and been ridden in a superb style;should the remurs of his sale to the Shockenmohle set up be true, the poor fellow will be in for a shock.
The Shockenmohle breeding program is a business,individual horses are simply a number,the
mares at least get turned out in the summer but the stallions are there to breed and Nothing else,perhaps I was unlucky ;when I saw them they were kept in filthy conditions.
Obviously on open and show days ,they are washed and the stables are cleaned,I still would not like to venture into the sheds where they keep the mares and yougsters during the winter...But then this was a few years ago, perhaps now things have changed and who knows
stallions might be kept Under another 'régime'.

LOL OMG I have no axe to grind with CH he has been more involved with the delay in bringing this to a head that is whats forgotten. That was not based on sentiment for the horse.

However you obviously have huge issue with PS and how he keeps his horses in your view. You forget one big fact PS has got himself to where he is by producing horses if you mistreat them you wont see the returns. From an equine business sense many could do to follow his lead.

Last edited:

Alec Swan

Visit site
At least we all know now that CH is sensible enough not to waste that sort of money. Also that PS did not see him as much of a breeding investment !! I never doubted either scenario and my faith in the competition world has been restored. Money to either of those buyers would not have been the issue but whether they saw a return on it.

The view of many, I feel sure.

The thoughts of Ms Moffett however, are bizarre and as another has pointed out, she may not have done herself any favours! Silly woman.

Alec.

marotelle

Visit site
I think you have misread me;I have no issues against P S, he is a very astute business man,
he was an excellent rider and runs a very successful and tight breeding operation,as I stated
in my reply when you asked me to carify my first statement.
Nonetheless, Utopia has been used to a very high standard of care, I don't personally know the horse, but he does not look that straight forward to keep happy,daily turnout seems to ba priority in the CH yard, its a good thing if the horse accepts it.I cannot imagine that he would be injoying the same treatment in PS outfit.NOT BECAUSE THEY ARE BADDLY TREATED
but simply because it is a business investement and the stallions are too numerous to permit
this sort of upkeep; of course their basic needs are met and the youngsters are well presented,there would no sense in mistreating them or they would not sell!
I hope Uti finds a good home thats all.

Sandstone1

Visit site
We don't know yet. Carl has tweeted that he hasn't secured Uthopia but is working "on a positive outcome". So presumably there is still a chance he will stay with Carl.

Thanks, just got a bit lost with this thread. Hope it works out ok for the horse. That's the main thing.

WelshD

Visit site
Maybe I'm being unnecessarily harsh but there has been much talk of securing the horse's future etc but the person with the most incentive to do that seems to have not done so

I'm not sure if Carl didn't intend to buy (business mind over sentimentality - nothing wrong with that) or just went in with the loose change from behind the sofa

I find it astonishing at the calls on Facebook that hope the horse can stay with Carl. If he didn't buy the horse direct then people can't whinge on that the horse may end up elsewhere. I can't believe people are up in arms about the situation!

Last edited: